Leadership Course Blandford

Discussion in 'Royal Signals' started by QinetiQ, Nov 28, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Having to go on the RSigs Leadership course soon.

Just wondering if there are any tips, equipment, uniform etc that anyone knows that will help me do better on the course!!!!!

Thanks for any help

2. There is a useful article on the leadership course in this months Wire magazine

Apart from that - best tip is to take everything as it comes, keep your sense of humour and stay well on top of your admin!!

Enjoy ;)

Ghost

3. 11D

11D Old-Salt

Finding out too much about the course spoils the 'surprise'. Its a good course. I did mine years ago and I can safely say its one of the best courses I have ever done. A good mixture of green stuff, military stuff and taking you to your limits.

The fact you have been loaded on it suggests that you have potential as a YofS, FofS or Pot Offr.......well at least you should be if you have been correctly loaded.

Make sure you take EVERYTHING on the kit list and ensure it is packed away correctly. Spare kit is essential and a good alarm clock. Dont forget your watch!! Oh and most important of all....................be sure to take your sense of humour.

Throw yourself into everything that is thrown of you. don't be jack and don't ever give up.....keep going when its tough (trust me it will be) and don;t listen to any stories about how poo it is. the stories themselves are a load of poo.

You'll have a great time and go back to your unit with tall stories of how tough it was!

Anyone remember the days when the staffy who was named after the a german delicacy was there? great days :D

4. Did my leadership back in the early 90's. my fitness wasn't brilliant at the time so I suffered a bit(later emerged I had an ulcer!)

It was a scarey but hugely enjoyable course. You'll hopefully do a lot of things you don't normally get the chance to do.

As everyone says; ensure your personal admin is squared away, go with an open mind and a sense of humour and EXPECT THE UNEXPECTED. Don't expect a course timetable, you probably won't get one.

edited for fruedian slip!