Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Leader of UK's largest Muslim charity quits over racist posts and support for terrorist group.

Or, if marrying 'in', being obliged to convert to Islam.

To be fair, the RC Church has traditionally operated a watered-down version of this. In the case of a 'mixed' Catholic/Protestant marital pairing, the happy couple are required to attend a prenuptial interview where they are both required to make a solemn declaration that any children arising from the union will be raised exclusively in the Catholic faith.

Last edited:

ROMFT

Old-Salt
To be fair, the RC Church has tradionally operated a watered-down version of this. In the case of a 'mixed' Catholic/Protestant marital pairing, the happy couple are required to attend a prenuptial interview where they are both required to make a solemn declaration that any children arising from the union will be raised exclusively in the Catholic faith.
Which most Catholics ignore nowadays, thank god (or sky fairy if preferred)

Which most Catholics ignore nowadays, thank god (or sky fairy if preferred)

If I were in that position and did not accept it..... or used birth control.... or failed to accept papal infallibility .... or believed that priests should be allowed to marry... or that innocent children were not born in a state of original sin.... etc. etc., I might... I just might... decide not to identify as a Roman Catholic.

You've been to Bradford then?

On a more serious note, the same can be said of Accrington (I used to go out with a [white] girl from Huncoat), but large chunks of Accie are Muslim ghettoes. Ditto for chunks of Oldham which are split Pakistani / Indian and the two don't get on.
You mean cue closing the border

If I were in that position and did not accept it..... or used birth control.... or failed to accept papal infallibility .... or believed that priests should be allowed to marry... or that innocent children were not born in a state of original sin.... etc. etc., I might... I just might... decide not to identify as a Roman Catholic.
I have no problems with that. Being a Lutheran. God remains a matter between me and myself. Churches need not apply.

ROMFT

Old-Salt
Which i haven't done since i was 16.

Good for you. I have little time for religion and even less for mix-and-match religionists.

Gay Muslims, for example. What is so difficult for them to understand?

Surely homophobic poofs have to be the weirdest

endure

GCM
So would I be if it meant getting thrown off a building.

Not talking about Muslims in particular but about a particular set of gay folks who find it enormously difficult to accept themselves.

They're often the ones who get married to hide themselves in 'normality' only to come out or top themselves years later thereby screwing up their family's life as well as their own.

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
Not talking about Muslims in particular but about a particular set of gay folks who find it enormously difficult to accept themselves.

They're often the ones who get married to hide themselves in 'normality' only to come out or top themselves years later thereby screwing up their family's life as well as their own.
Yes, my gay physiotherapist had an ultimately doomed relationship with a married man for 14 years.

One of the most homophobic guys I know hasn't accepted what I and all the other guys on my intake realised and accepted years ago: he's gay. Four marriages later, he's still not accepting it.

It's hideous that people have to hide in that way, and it's bad enough in our supposedly accepting Western society. I can't imagine the fear, the real fear, of living in another society knowing who you are and being absolutely terrified of admitting it.

Yes, my gay physiotherapist had an ultimately doomed relationship with a married man for 14 years.

One of the most homophobic guys I know hasn't accepted what I and all the other guys on my intake realised and accepted years ago: he's gay. Four marriages later, he's still not accepting it.

It's hideous that people have to hide in that way, and it's bad enough in our supposedly accepting Western society. I can't imagine the fear, the real fear, of living in another society knowing who you are and being absolutely terrified of admitting it.
What interesting concept. The alpha male type being latently Homosexual. Still that’s not that much of a surprise, given the tendencies of many leaders. I wonder if there’s a link to facets of anti social traits of many managers/ Bosses and Inability to make commitments .

Latest Threads