Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Leader of UK's largest Muslim charity quits over racist posts and support for terrorist group.

My experience gained through working in Muslim communities, is that Muslims will nearly always accentuate their separateness. There will always be the, 'Well, I know this Pakistani bloke who loves bacon rolls and lager' exceptions being offered as proof of happy integration, but generally Muslims have no interest in becoming a part of the mainstream. Far better that the mainstream becomes Muslim.

There are commands in the Koran in support of this; everything from women not taking non-Muslims as marriage partners, to Muslims in general being commanded not to take Christians or Jews as friends or supporters (despite both being recognised as monotheistic religions of the book).

For a Muslim to participate in any way in non-Islamic celebrations is viewed as 'shirk' (unforgivable idolatry). Even the formerly secular Turks were out in their thousands to celebrate the re-institution of the ancient Hagia Sophia Cathedral In Istanbul as an exclusively Muslim place of worship in an overt act of belligerence.

I can only imagine the reaction if such a situation was reversed.

Within this background, that there exist isolated and unintegrated Muslim communities throughout the UK who shun anything outside (unless exploitable) and who hold the wider community in contempt, cannot at all come as any surprise.

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
The difference is that a lot of UK charities will likely go to the wall this year, funding is, across the board, down 85% on the yearly average, events cancelled, lockdown etc. On the contrary, I don’t see Muslim charities suffering at all, most probably have their members subscribed by that wonderful Western invention called Direct Debit. All Mosque members will be expected to contribute to the “cause”, however large or small.
Oh if only the Nation paid good money to Kalashnikov funds overseas aid and development.

One of the five pillars of Islam is Zakat, giving 2.5% of the yearly income to a charity. often one nominated by one's Imam

A wheeze that appears also to have taken root in the German Stadt who still impose and collect on behalf of the churches (minus an admin fee!) a Church Tax on the registered members of state-recognised religions (amounting to an additional 8% of an individuals annual income tax bill).

I think it was something that helped former tennis star, Steffi Graf, decide that she was no longer committed to the word of God.

Looking at the Jihadi fund, it looks like plenty have though, I suspect that most Mosques across the UK are knowingly or unwittingly subscribing their attendees to this fund, hence why it stands at £570 million!

footnote: a little like the pubs in Kilburn in the 70’s & 80’s allowed PIRA to pass among their clientele with a box for the “cause”!
and it wasn't just Kilburn either, Ealing, Ealing Broadway, parts of Hammersmith.......

auggie rock

Old-Salt
A wheeze that appears also to have taken root in the German Stadt who still impose and collect on behalf of the churches (minus an admin fee!) a Church Tax on the registered members of state-recognised religions (amounting to an additional 8% of an individuals annual income tax bill).

I think it was something that helped former tennis star, Steffi Graf, decide that she was no longer committed to the word of God.
Steffi Graf. Yes please.

images (2).jpeg

Sounds like a shoe in for Labour, Tower Hamlets next time round, and he now has the time to fit that in, and from the article I see he mentions " 'I did not intend to insult the Jewish community and neither do I hold views which are antisemitic" so maybe he is a shoe in for Jezza when he finally moves on.

Considering the statements he made then it wold be interesting to hear what he would consider an antisemitic statement to be.

Indeed, and you got some very intimidating looks if you were thought to be reluctant to give!
Absolutely, I remember going in a pub called Biddy Mulligans in Willesden Lane, Kilburn, I was a young recruit visiting my sister who lived nearby, me, my dad and brother-in-law were asked to contribute just before closing, it took all my diplomacy to prevent my dad spilling the beans and telling my profession. We left before kick-off!

Indeed, and you got some very intimidating looks if you were thought to be reluctant to give!
I had a rather Nasty experience In Hammersmith, whilst courting Can’t remember the correct name but like the Dunn Cow or the Red Bull Or some such. I’d been out about a year. The menu appeared tempting and unbeknownst to me they were having an Irish day. We settled down for a drink before the menu , up comes The bucket....”we’re collecting for the less well off in Ireland.“ My response was, “can’t the Irish government do that?” Or words to that effect A bit dismissive, so they got more insistent. I suddenly sensed this wasn’t healthy grabbed herself and reminded her we had a previous engagement.

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
There are commands in the Koran in support of this; everything from women not taking non-Muslims as marriage partners, to Muslims in general being commanded not to take Christians or Jews as friends or supporters (despite both being recognised as monotheistic religions of the book).
Or, if marrying 'in', being obliged to convert to Islam.

You never see God chipping in to these charities.

The tightarse.
Well, He does have the universe to run and maintain plus a few parallel ones no doubt. Don't forget that there's also that special universe that Bugsy inhabits all on his own. I bet that costs a pretty penny to clean up.

Within this background, that there exist isolated and unintegrated Muslim communities throughout the UK who shun anything outside (unless exploitable) and who hold the wider community in contempt, cannot at all come as any surprise.
Blair's instruction to embrace Cultural Diversity was an instruction only to Brits of Anglo-Saxon descent. Meaning we had to pay for it, support it, be lectured about it, but in no way benefit.

I think he can and then claim he wasn't used to it.

Been used successfully before by a wedge of Moslem women who proceeded to kick the scheisse out of a white girl because of her race.
Yet I was warned before I was old enough to go into a pub, that intoxication through drink or drugs was not a defense for criminal acts, and that it was your own responsibility to know the laws of whatever country you were in. (exact word "Ignorance of the Law is no excuse").

I always assumed that this was the case in these sorts of set ups.
Always.
A bit like all those churches in france spontaneously combusting. Our home grow and imported 5th column would see us in a gas chamber given the chance.
XLW terrorism is the threat. In a few years the uk will be a caliphate. Probably.

My bold Agreed, the few recent examples being XR and BLM both with avowed extremely anti establishment aims, yet all the MSM & legal establishment goes on about is the "rise of the extreme right wing", exampled by this garbage Rise of the far right: a disturbing mix of hateful ideologies
MI5 to take over in fight against rise of UK rightwing extremism

RBMK

LE
Book Reviewer
My experience gained through working in Muslim communities, is that Muslims will nearly always accentuate their separateness. There will always be the, 'Well, I know this Pakistani bloke who loves bacon rolls and lager' exceptions being offered as proof of happy integration, but generally Muslims have no interest in becoming a part of the mainstream. Far better that the mainstream becomes Muslim.

For a Muslim to participate in any way in non-Islamic celebrations is viewed as 'shirk' (unforgivable idolatry). Even the formerly secular Turks were out in their thousands to celebrate the re-institution of the ancient Hagia Sophia Cathedral In Istanbul as an exclusively Muslim place of worship in an overt act of belligerence.

I can only imagine the reaction if such a situation was reversed.

You've been to Bradford then?

On a more serious note, the same can be said of Accrington (I used to go out with a [white] girl from Huncoat), but large chunks of Accie are Muslim ghettoes. Ditto for chunks of Oldham which are split Pakistani / Indian and the two don't get on.

Latest Threads