Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Leader of UK's largest Muslim charity quits over racist posts and support for terrorist group.

The leader of Britain's largest Muslim charity has quit after putting anti-Semitic posts on social media and vocing support for an Islamic terrorist group.

Heshmat Khalifa , a former trustee and director of Islamic Relief Worldwide, said the Jews are 'grandchildren of monkeys and pigs.'

Khalifa also praised Hamas - a proscribed terrorist organisation saying they were 'the purest resistance movement in modern history'.

Islamic Relief, with an annual income of £570m is one of the largest Muslim charities in the world and on it's website says its mission is to 'enable people to respond rapidly to disasters and fight poverty through our Islamic values, expertise and global reach.'

The charity is currently running a number high-profile appeals currently for funds to help those impacted by the conflicts in Syria and Yemen, as well as the ongoing issues caused by the coronavirus pandemic.

Last edited:

BratMedic

LE
Book Reviewer
Bacon sarnie and a cup of tea mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

theoriginalphantom

MIA
Book Reviewer
The leader of Britain's largest Muslim charity has quit after putting anti-Semitic posts on social media and vocing support for an Islamic terrorist group.

Heshmat Khalifa , a former trustee and director of Islamic Relief Worldwide, said the Jews are 'grandchildren of monkeys and pigs.'

Khalifa also praised Hamas - proscribed terrorists organisation saying they were 'the purest resistance movement in modern history'.

Islamic Relief, with an annual income of £570m is one of the largest Muslim charities in the world and on it's website says its mission is to 'enable people to respond rapidly to disasters and fight poverty through our Islamic values, expertise and global reach.'

The charity is currently running a number high-profile appeals currently for funds to help those impacted by the conflicts in Syria and Yemen, as well as the ongoing issues caused by the coronavirus pandemic.

GreenJacket walt...

News at 11 bears found to defecate in the woods

Daxx

MIA
Book Reviewer
It must be Friday.

theoriginalphantom

MIA
Book Reviewer
I'm amazed to discover that the Pope is apparently a Catholic, too.

any news on his choice of headwear?

Khalifa also praised Hamas - a proscribed terrorist organisation saying they were 'the purest resistance movement in modern history'.

And they wonder why many flatly refuse to believe any Muslims are compatable with Western humane values :rolleyes:

I'll add for clarification that many are compatable but often people like Khalifa are their own worst enemy setting back relations by decades

He's still got time to claim mental health issues, but he'd have to blow someone up first to make it look credible

Colour me surprised, that there has been in the last decade or so, a move by activists of all stripes to 'hide in plain sight' within the charity sector, so then as far as supporting extremism that just a logical progression. As for the Anti-Semitism well, that is also a colour me surprised moment.

Sadly charities with light regulation and poor oversight has combined to enabled many large or small too exploit both peoples good will. That charities have and are engaged with criminality, corruption, sexual exploitation, human trafficking and last but by no means least "lawfare".

So the entire sector large and small needs to be investigated thoroughly and such activity legislated out, it needs to be done also openly and loudly. Of course such oversight will not be easy in part because criticising can seem to be mean spirited, or having a political agenda, rather than seen as rooting out criminality. Let us be clear the criminal element, have no shame or integrity thus putting ones head above the parapet even when exploitation is plain too see can bring a vigorous "narrative" fightback.

This is part of the reason I dont have much time for charities on the whole, I have been concerned for some time now that, gaining charitable status is far to easy and suffers from weak oversight. Thus the charity sector is sadly ripe for exploitation.

While my comments above may be criticised for painting the entire sector with a broad brush, there are of course exceptions, particularly for me it is service charities Regimental, RBL and Combat Stress helped me when i was in a pickle.

I also believe though that there are many including some here on ARRSE who are part of the charity sector and do good work. But all that is undermined by crooks shysters and political opportunists.

im_shocked (1).gif

RBMK

LE
Book Reviewer
Needless to say, not a mention on the Graiuniad website.

But Polly Toynbee blames the Tories for the plunging birth rate.

Chef

LE
Dozy fecker can't even claim he was pissed at the time.

I think he can and then claim he wasn't used to it.

Been used successfully before by a wedge of Moslem women who proceeded to kick the scheisse out of a white girl because of her race.

Latest Threads