Leader of Iranian Quds Force Terminated by Order of Trump

25B67D0D-43EE-4E4F-97A1-4798EE4D28E1.jpeg

Oh my, that’s going to make life very tasty in the SoH (and elsewhere) for quite the while....

The Iranians will feel obliged to retaliate and they will do so asymmetrically and that will involve innocents losing their lives and the world economy taking a hit; well done America.
What has Iran been doing...and been getting away with for the last few years. About time they got served notice that playing with fire risks getting burned.

And the gents who got burned, have been heavily involved for quite a while.

Because we are paying for it. If they want a complete withdrawal of U.S forces, I assume that includes the billions of dollars too.
That's more or less the crux of the issue, the region is more than happy to take US dollars aid & support, however with minimal or zero troop presence as hardline groups want them out.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

What may save Trump from being accused of over-reacting is the surgical nature. And Iran are well known for shouting out rheortric from within the safety of their borders. Now that safety has suddenly meant that you look up as you leave the safe confines of your state bought villa. Interesting that this occured within Iraq though. I would not think a top Iranian leader visited Iraq that much.......mmmm!
I am glad this has actually happened as Iran has run around down there with relative impunity....Saudi refinery missile attack, ships being taken "hostage" and not forgetting letting some RN sailors plug in their Iphones to charge at the local Iranian Navy Base;). But i think this may escalate a little too much as others will use it as a excuse.

Last edited:
Reports of Hamas mourning the Iranian Military leader, the ME is an imminent powder keg ready to go.

Last edited:
[...] the ME is an imminent powder keg ready to go.
As it has been for many many hundreds of years, and I strongly suspect it will remain so for at least that long, unless one side or the other gets its hands on big boys toys and starts wiping out large chunks of the population.

If you want a bit of light reading, on a subject I am familiar with, and I'm sure you can draw parallels to, go look up the Golden Square Revolt in Iraq. IIRC that started with strong feelings against the west and attacks on embassy's, egged on by foreign interests.
It ended* with a 5,000 Iraqi's soldiers on a road getting bombed into oblivion, but not the highway of Death from 1991, another highway of death.

*Well that wasn't quite the end, but after that the threat was removed.

As it has been for many many hundreds of years, and I strongly suspect it will remain so for at least that long, unless one side or the other gets its hands on big boys toys and starts wiping out large chunks of the population.

If you want a bit of light reading, on a subject I am familiar with, and I'm sure you can draw parallels to, go look up the Golden Square Revolt in Iraq. IIRC that started with strong feelings against the west and attacks on embassy's, egged on by foreign interests.
It ended* with a 5,000 Iraqi's soldiers on a road getting bombed into oblivion, but not the highway of Death from 1991, another highway of death.

*Well that wasn't quite the end, but after that the threat was removed.
Will research the Golden Square in due course, I'm currently reading the ME Twitter feed from analysts & reporters in the area.

Reports of Hamas mourning the Iranian Military leader, the ME is an imminent powder keg ready to go.

Just have to wait a couple of hours for our "Magic Grandpa" to come out and mourn this terrorist group leader, as others point out what was he doing in Iraq?

Just have to wait a couple of hours for our "Magic Grandpa" to come out and mourn this terrorist group leader, as others point out what was he doing in Iraq?
You don't want to read that moonbat Rose McGowan reply to the attack, she's even posting flying an Iranian flag

Corbyn who?

If anyone deserved a Hellfire* up their hoop, he did.

In addition to @Listy's reading recommendation above, I can recommend The Secret War with Iran - The_30 Year War with Iran by Ronen Bergman.

the-secret-war-with-iran-5.jpg

*Other ordnance natures available, no doubt.

Just looking at the intial US statement on the strike it's vaguish on the target and it's worth remembering the second big KIA in the hit was Abu Mahdi al-Muhandis, the leader of the Iran-backed Kata'ib Hezbollah, the guys responsible for killing the US contractor amongst other things...

I'm not 100% sure the US knew Suleimani was there....wild if they just collateral-ed him without realising.

Muqtada al Sadr gives orders via statement on twitter to revive Al Mahdi Army and Al-Yom Al-Maw'oud militias.
Yay.....:|

I just read he was smegged, as he stepped off his plane on the tarmac to his welcoming committee. That’s gotta get some Iranian leaders twitching...

What’s the saying ‘Inshallah’?
Smegged??

This really is not going to end well. Listening to Radio 4 Iran is clearly furious at this huge escalation. I think Trump has now given Iran an excuse to hugely ramp up their offensive actions.

This is a nation that list hundreds of thousands dead in a war against Iraq (who have also had a senior person killed) and any gloating here is entirely misjudged.

Fully expect this will balloon rapidly and many deaths will be seen in the very near future. Would not be surprised if the Strait of Hormuz also sees attacks against Western shipping and the oil price to skyrocket.

The US and the Western Allies are in a bit of a position, if they pull out and leave it as a free for all they potentially leave a vacuum for the Chinese or the Russians to step in. The Chinese would welcome it as it would allow them direct access to all the oil they want and also potentially will give them control of the region. The Russians would love to step in, they have a new buddy in Turkey and with Syria it would give Russia oil and the warm water ports on 2 fronts with Syria in the mix as well.

The US can't leave and we are there by default, this is going to get very messy, and those on the reserve list I would suggest you get your kit out the loft.

Blogg

LE
In terms of his long term very significant influence, statements comparing this to the assassination of the US Vice President are a bit wide of the mark: he had far more clout and freedom of action than any mere US VP.

There will be inevitable retaliation across the spectrum, some not so loud either:

Just wondering here about the security of UK persons and assets in the region. We are an ally of the US and it might be the case that an attack against the UK - either domestically in the form of terror; or against an ME-based unit/office - will form part of the Iranian response. Iirc the security services have in recent years prevented attacks in the UK by Iran-backed terrorists, so there is some level of threat there.

Latest Threads