Leader of Iranian Quds Force Terminated by Order of Trump

tgo

Old-Salt
Sounds to me like the sanctions are biting then, if they're resorting to piracy to make ends meet, I'd tighten the screw even further personally.

Basically a Republican Guard leader saying they finance themselves through kidnapping and ransoms. He reckons they got $1.5bn for an American spy and says they should kidnap more Americans to make $50bn. Also says that Qatar gave them $3bn blood money for Solemaini as the Americans conducted the strike from there.
I don't believe it US policy to pay any ransom money, let alone 1.5 billion dollars.

Doesn't ring true.

Yokel

LE
What are you trying to say? Iranian Revolutionary Guard loonies say things that are not entirely true? No, surely not?

Is it intended for internal consumption in Iran? As in "we are total bastards but without us the country would be bankrupt"?

I don't believe it US policy to pay any ransom money, let alone 1.5 billion dollars.

Doesn't ring true.
It does sound like bull to me as well. I did check to see if he meant Iranian Rials, but the exchange rate is 33,333 to the US dollar, (that isn't mistyped, 33 thousand to one dollar), so the 1.7 billion ransom would be just $50 thousand dollars, which is too low.

I think that there is an element of truth, or perhaps intent in what he says, which is worrying, but he obviously had the same maths teacher as Diane Abbott.

Not necessarily Iran of course...could be a bog standard fire.

Latest Threads