Leader of Iranian Quds Force Terminated by Order of Trump

Just had a news flash that an air strike killed Qassem Soleimani leader of the Iranian Quds Force. Soleimani was actively engaged in planning strikes against Americans in the region.

Just had a news flash that an air strike killed Qassem Soleimani leader of the Iranian Quds Force. Soleimani was actively engaged in planning strikes against Americans in the region.
Nice timing :):)

Militias attacking the US embassy in Baghdad withdrew only after the Iraqi prime minister promised to support the removal of US troops from the country, their leaders claimed.

I am in 2 minds as to whether the correct course of action would be to pull out of the region in its entirety and let them get on with the mass spilling of blood, or at least attempt to keep some level of peace in the region.

2020 has started well then.

It needed doing but surely not so openly? The Iranians will feel obliged to retaliate and they will do so asymmetrically and that will involve innocents losing their lives and the world economy taking a hit; well done America.

Last edited:
this isn't going to end well

2020 has started well then.

It needed doing but surely not so openly? The Iranians will feel obliged to retaliate and they will do so asymmetrically and that will innocents losing their lives and the world economy taking a hit; well done America.
Google “hezbollah, Mexican cartels, drug smuggling, US network”.

Hezbollah, the Iranian sponsored organization, were known to already have sleeper cells in the US years ago.

I am in 2 minds as to whether the correct course of action would be to pull out of the region in its entirety and let them get on with the mass spilling of blood, or at least attempt to keep some level of peace in the region.
It is not about peace it is about presence. And that presence not being Chinese, or Russian.

It is not about peace it is about presence. And that presence not being Chinese, or Russian.
Sorry buddy,

The Chinese and Russians have been in Iraq for years.

Or were you referring to Military presence ? Which then begs the question, why is one foreign Military presence deemed acceptable but other Foreign Military presence is deemed unacceptable ?

Sorry buddy,

Or were you referring to Military presence ? Which then begs the question, why is one foreign Military presence deemed acceptable but other Foreign Military presence is deemed unacceptable ?
A complicated regional juggling act, keeping a toehold and not letting the other children have it all their own way.

America by its very existence is unacceptable to certain groups, put the American military in their backyard and it is an insulting slap in the face.

Sorry buddy,

Because we are paying for it. If they want a complete withdrawal of U.S forces, I assume that includes the billions of dollars too.

Because we are paying for it. If they want a complete withdrawal of U.S forces, I assume that includes the billions of dollars too.
Perhaps you should have read my first comment

Supported by this link

America by its very existence is unacceptable to certain groups, put the American military in their backyard and it is an insulting slap in the face.
Bingo

Perhaps you should have read my first comment

Supported by this link

Bingo
I think my response stands - why are some military’s tolerated... it’s due to the money being invested in hopefully rebuilding Iraq. If they want U.S troops out, I am more than happy to forget that place and make sure not another U.S/U.k drop of blood or dollar is spent on that hole.

Google “hezbollah, Mexican cartels, drug smuggling, US network”.

Hezbollah, the Iranian sponsored organization, were known to already have sleeper cells in the US years ago.
My question was, did it need doing so openly?

Nearly all US Presidents in the last 100 years have sent troops off to foreign shores for various reasons.
20k here , 50k there, 500k now and then.
And they are away for years and the butchers bill is huge.

Trump sends a Hellfire missile and cuts off the head of the snake.

Since the first day he was in charge there has been a massive effort to discredit him in every way.
I think history might just tell a different story.

My question was, did it need doing so openly?
As much as I like the POTUS in his attempts to complete his campaign promises.. he isn’t one to be subtle.

I have lived in Iran, Iraq, Afghanistan and a couple more of those ME countries. They are all a mess of tribal conflict, religious conflict, corruption and political chimpwittery. God knows what the answer is but if we just leave them to get on with it by themselves it can only get worse. Trump has just given them a strong warning that despite all the Iranian propaganda and interference in other countries they can still be held to account.

As much as I like the POTUS in his attempts to complete his campaign promises.. he isn’t one to be subtle.
The time to be subtle with the Iranian religious leaders is long past.

I have lived in Iran, Iraq, Afghanistan and a couple more of those ME countries. They are all a mess of tribal conflict, religious conflict, corruption and political chimpwittery. God knows what the answer is but if we just leave them to get on with it by themselves it can only get worse. Trump has just given them a strong warning that despite all the Iranian propaganda and interference in other countries they can still be held to account.
I just read he was smegged, as he stepped off his plane on the tarmac to his welcoming committee. That’s gotta get some Iranian leaders twitching...

What’s the saying ‘Inshallah’?

I just read he was smegged, as he stepped off his plane on the tarmac to his welcoming committee. That’s gotta get some Iranian leaders twitching...

What’s the saying ‘Inshallah’?
And it also shows a very high degree of accuracy and surgical precision.

Latest Threads