Lead Poster on the Afghan Thread

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Skynet, Oct 9, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Lead Poster on the Afghan Thread
    For those of you who read the Afghan thread and 668591 have done so since it started you will know that I took on the task from hansvonhealing over two years ago. The thread remains a chronicle of the most important events over the last three years the first post being
    From The Times
    July 1, 2006
    Generals tell Blair: reinforce Afghan mission
    By Philip Webster, Michael Evans and Tim Albone in Kabul

Some would comment that little progress has been made over this time! I need a break now and new blood to refresh the thread may also be a good idea. Is there a volunteer out there who can bring an impartial eye to the thread and enable it to continue it what it seems may be an important and seminal point in the Afghan saga?
    I will be away for five days starting Sunday which will give the expected avalanche of volunteers a little time to consider the task! Please PM me if you feel your able to help.
    Best wishes
    Skynet

2. Lead Poster on the Afghan Thread
    Posted: 2020 26/01/06

For those of you who read the Afghan thread and 668591 have done so since it started you will know that I took on the task from hansvonhealing over two years ago. The thread remains a chronicle of the most important events over the last three years the first post being
    From The Times
    July 1, 2006

Some would comment that little progress has been made over this time! I need a break now and new blood to refresh the thread may also be a good idea. Is there a volunteer out there who can bring an impartial eye to the thread and enable it to continue it what it seems may be an important and seminal point in the Afghan saga?
    I will be away for five days starting Sunday which will give the expected avalanche of volunteers a little time to consider the task! Please PM me if you feel your able to help.
    Best wishes
    Skynet

3. Lead Poster on the Afghan Thread
    From The Times
    July 1, 2006

Best wishes
    Skynet

4. Do we have any volunteers?
    Re: Lead Poster on the Afghan Thread
    Posted: 2020 26/01/06

From The Times
    July 1, 2006

Best wishes
    Skynet

5. Why does a thread need a 'lead poster'?

I'm not (for once) extracting the urine.

6. Hi theoriginalphantom
    A very good question. What we tried to do with this thread is to chronicle the events in Afghanistan and at the same time not to make it a debating sort of thread but one which gave the latest news and views as they happened in Afghanistan and associated countries. It was thought that we needed someone to steer it along so to speak or like many threads it would just die. This one is different it is viewed by many both in Afghanistan and those preparing to go and of course family and friends. I hope it gives a wide flavour for all who read it and is a good source of information for those who may for many and various reasons need to be updated on the current situation and thinking. Though others help from time to time it needs a daily dose of the latest events hence a lead poster. If you feel you can help please PM me.
    Best wishes
    Skynet

7. Sh1t we're not back in Ganistan Again ! Are We ?
    john

8. Afraid so! Can you help?