LE/PQO in Bde (staff officer) SO3 job????

I'm sure I read a thread a year ago that said this was possible. I'd suppose you'd need to complete MK1 and MK2, is that true?

I've seen a slot that matched my military & civilian skillset/experience nearly 100% but ........ I'm the wrong rank (although I could be within 1-3 years).

Or more realistically how easy is it for an HQ to hold a SNCO with highly relevant skillset/experience but with no LSN (I'd assume they'd use another LSN for this)

A couple of thoughts:

Regular Army is now filling S03 slots with WO's so the precedent has been set

LSN are now called PIDs (JPA!)

Brigade should hold some non Officer TA PIDs as part of thier BRT

Try making contact with somebody in Brigade - there should be an SO2/SO3 G7 TA in most - might be worth a chat & persuade him that your civi quals suit the post

hope this helps

Greenbadger said:
A couple of thoughts:

Regular Army is now filling S03 slots with WO's so the precedent has been set
Just to clarify this statement.

Regular Army is now filling S03 slots with a minority of WO1s who invariably will have had some reasonably in-depth exposure to staff duties through previous Fmn HQ posts (and particularly on the JSWOC) so the precedent hasn't really been set at all with regard to the TA.

Greenbadger said:
Try making contact with somebody in Brigade - there should be an SO2/SO3 G7 TA in most - might be worth a chat & persuade him that your civi quals suit the post
Thanks. Hoping to visit this Bde shortly and let slip who I work for and what on.

Latest Threads