LE/PQO in Bde (staff officer) SO3 job????

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by polar, Jul 14, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

  1. I'm sure I read a thread a year ago that said this was possible. I'd suppose you'd need to complete MK1 and MK2, is that true?

    I've seen a slot that matched my military & civilian skillset/experience nearly 100% but ........ I'm the wrong rank (although I could be within 1-3 years).

    Or more realistically how easy is it for an HQ to hold a SNCO with highly relevant skillset/experience but with no LSN (I'd assume they'd use another LSN for this)
  2. A couple of thoughts:

    Regular Army is now filling S03 slots with WO's so the precedent has been set

    LSN are now called PIDs (JPA!)

    Brigade should hold some non Officer TA PIDs as part of thier BRT

    Try making contact with somebody in Brigade - there should be an SO2/SO3 G7 TA in most - might be worth a chat & persuade him that your civi quals suit the post

    hope this helps
  3. Just to clarify this statement.

  4. I know of at least 2 infantry WO2's doing it at a Regional Division HQ
  5. Thanks. Hoping to visit this Bde shortly and let slip who I work for and what on.