LE & GCSEs

Might have been a type but I definatley read a document stating LE's need 5 GCSE's to gain a commission.

So typo or another change????

Next someone will be starting a rumour about a TA Sig Sqn in the middle east

That's correct, can't recall the DIN on it, but 5 is the minimum with expectations of further study as well. And those GSCE's must include English and Maths as well.

F

fozzy

polar said:
Why the 5? Surely if they have five and harbour desires of a commission, they would choose the DE route (says he with 5+)
Do you need more paint with that broad brush?
:roll:

fozzy said:
polar said:
Why the 5? Surely if they have five and harbour desires of a commission, they would choose the DE route (says he with 5+)
Do you need more paint with that broad brush?
:roll:
Would you care to express an opinion about the topic and not complain about the baiting. Or is this a 'I'm alright Jack, Ive a degree in nuclear physics'

This has always been the case for RM LE's. There are some thicko WO1's/ 2's out there who can hardly put two sentences together...but can shout loud!

polar said:
Might have been a type but I definatley read a document stating LE's need 5 GCSE's to gain a commission.

So typo or another change?
TA Regs said:
Soldier Entrants. All Soldier Entrants are required to have 5 x GCSEs (or equivalent) at grade C or above, including English language, maths and either a science of (sic) foreign language.
See also Annex A for special requirements for more picky groups.

Edited to make it a little more clear that this is the requirement for DE or LE commissioning from the Ranks for the TA.

Idrach said:
polar said:

So typo or another change?
TA Regs said:
Soldier Entrants. All Soldier Entrants are required to have 5 x GCSEs (or equivalent) at grade C or above, including English language, maths and either a science of (sic) foreign language.
See also Annex A for special requirements for more picky groups.
e.g. Picky group regular army (RSigs Technician)

Qualifications required GCSEs or Level 2 equivalent
Min grade C in English Language, Mathematics and Science/ICT

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Gracchus Current Affairs, News and Analysis 147
daviroo Royal Signals 19
B Army Pay, Claims & JPA 20