LDRTC COURAGE TROPHY COMP 2007

Hi all.

I have been asked to lead a team in the afore mentioned competition in March but have never heard of it before now as we are new to the London district.

Has anyone got any information, stories, pictures or any other tit bits that would be of use to me in the planning process.

Thanks

CM145

Try using the 'Search' link above

Yeah I have recieved the Admin Instruction and it does look like the usual mil skills comp.

Who is going from ARRSE then?

CM145

No archery - fair amount of tabbing (20-25 miles) over the period of the weekend. Congrats to 256 Fd Hosp!

How many teams this year? Up or down from previous?

What stands were there?

Even after last years effort and swearing never to return, I would have done it if we had a team.....!

Well done 256!

Trophy
1. 256 Fd Hosp
2. 31 Sigs
3. 579 Fd Sq Engineers

Shield
1. 31 Sigs
2. 579 Fd Sq Engineers

Theres was an unbelievable amount of tabbing! :eek: :eek: Never want to see the bridge at Longmoor ever again. But it was a really good comp and well done to 256. Our unit really need to pick the team a little earlier than the tuesday of the comp if we're taking part next year! :D

CunningLinguist said:
no infantry in the list - were they excluded?
No, they just didn't win anything...

Although congratulations should go to all teams who competed. With the distances travelled it was an excellent effort all round.

The_Duke

LE
No. Bn Para serials on the cards, so no team entered. Of course, the sorties were eventually scrubbed, but no surprises there!

CunningLinguist said:
no infantry in the list - were they excluded?
The combat arms teams that entered didn't do too well, Complacency? Big gaps where the Inf Bn and Yeomanry Regt that entered should have been at the final RV. TA Col apparently recommended that they bought new alarm clocks for their LUPs. :oops:

That said the Inf Unit won the final shoot.

The comp was tough. Mostly due to the fact that we were tabbing on rough tracks constantly.

A large F**k about factor as we just walked up and down the training area instead of tackling the stands methodically but, hey its the army.

Other than that the stands were excellent.

VCP
MINEFIELD DRILLS
COMMAND TASK
LOAD CARRY
CAS SIM
MARCH AND SHOOT
CHECK GROUPING
MIL/GENERAL KNOWLEDGE STAND
OBSERVATION
AFV/AC RECOG
NAVIGATION

About 25km on the Fri/Sat and 8km on the Sunday.

The team was suffering and we almost ran out of morale sweets.
I would have been shot in the back if the March and Shoot was with bergans on. 8O

That said and done, all the teams who completed the comp did very well.

The beer at the end was well recieved by all!

Excellent effort 256 Field Hospital!!!! :D

chosenman145 said:
The comp was tough. Mostly due to the fact that we were tabbing on rough tracks constantly.

A large F**k about factor as we just walked up and down the training area instead of tackling the stands methodically but, hey its the army.

Other than that the stands were excellent.

VCP
MINEFIELD DRILLS
COMMAND TASK
LOAD CARRY
CAS SIM
MARCH AND SHOOT
CHECK GROUPING
MIL/GENERAL KNOWLEDGE STAND
OBSERVATION
AFV/AC RECOG
NAVIGATION

About 25km on the Fri/Sat and 8km on the Sunday.

The team was suffering and we almost ran out of morale sweets.
I would have been shot in the back if the March and Shoot was with bergans on. 8O

That said and done, all the teams who completed the comp did very well.

The beer at the end was well recieved by all!

Excellent effort 256 Field Hospital!!!! :D
What's the world coming too? :D