LCpl using the WOs & Sgts mess for his civil partnership

Dont know if this has been done and if it has MODS feel free to delete. A LCpl from the Household Cavalry has had his civil partnership in the WO's & Sgts Mess. Am I alone in thinking this is totally wrong. I have worked hard to get into the mess and allowing every Tom Dick or Harry to use whenever they like would really detract from the effort required to get into this exclusive club. Just my view. Cant do linkys cos Im a mong but this is where its reported.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/a-very-modern-military-partnership-1928748.html

BernardMcCabe said:
Dont know if this has been done and if it has MODS feel free to delete. A LCpl from the Household Cavalry has had his civil partnership in the WO's & Sgts Mess. Am I alone in thinking this is totally wrong. I have worked hard to get into the mess and allowing every Tom Dick or Harry to use whenever they like would really detract from the effort required to get into this exclusive club. Just my view. Cant do linkys cos Im a mong but this is where its reported.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/a-very-modern-military-partnership-1928748.html
Wouldn't have been allowed in my day. Er...oops..nor were gays. :oops:

The Household Cavalry has a fine tradition of leading from the front
And from the rear as well now it appears..... ;)

Scurrys off to find ipod so he can surrender to some fuzzy-wuzzies.....

I was going to say somthing about Lcpls using the mess but after reading the link ill keep my gob shut its not worth the agro from our dear Padre.

spaz said:
The HCR have a WOs and NCOs' mess, of which being a LCpl he is a member.
Now stop right there :x

don’t let the facts get in the way of a good old fashioned homophobic rant :wink:

Pararegtom

LE
Book Reviewer
I had a beer with Terri, the other night, Smudge67 you should have been there,missed a good night. anyway,back to thread she said it was a good service and the only time a few blokes laughed is when the couple started kissing. As too permissions the RSM ok,,d the use of the mess.But im sure there will be some curtain twitching at the married quarters.

Also, the HC have an RCM not an RSM. just as they have SCM no SSM, unless of course, they have done away with tradition all together.

CAARPS said:
spaz said:

don’t let the facts get in the way of a good old fashioned homophobic rant :wink:
CAARPS. You will notice I didnt mention the fact that it was a Gay marridge, which was deliberate on my part. My concern, in fact my only concern was the fact it was a LCpl using the mess. The fact that it was pointed out that they dont have two different messes that my rant ended. Mind you arse bandits in the mess, whatever next, would never happen in the Infantry :oops:

BernardMcCabe said:
CAARPS said:
spaz said:

CAARPS. You will notice I didnt mention the fact that it was a Gay marridge, which was deliberate on my part. My concern, in fact my only concern was the fact it was a LCpl using the mess. The fact that it was pointed out that they dont have two different messes that my rant ended. Mind you arse bandits in the mess, whatever next, would never happen in the Infantry :oops:
What makes you think they haven't always been there? :D

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
plant_life Sappers 2
grab_a_spoon! Royal Signals 4
N Classified Ads 20