LCpl Stuart McLeish - KIA Bosnia 1996

Discussion in 'Sappers' started by the_field_mouse, Oct 22, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Guys,

After a recent visit to HQ REA at Chatham, I was informed of the tragic death of LCpl McLeish. What is more tragic though is the story of his daughter who was 6 months at the time of his death.

The REA is currently after any photos of LCpl McLeish. These are not for them, but for his daughter who has no memories of her dad.

If you are unaware, after the Stuart's death, his widow went down a very tragic path and the daughter was orphaned. The daughter now lives with her grandmother and is quite rightly supported by the REA.

I am therefore on behalf of the REA seeking some photos for them. If you knew Stuart and have some photos of him, whether from barracks or Ops and would be willing to part with them please PM me.

If you would rather contact the REA please do:

REA Controller at HQ REA .

* Brompton Barracks,
    * Chatham,
    * Kent,
    * ME4 4UG
    +44 (0)1634 822407 Email: deputycontroller@reahq.org.uk

Thanks in advance guys.

TFM.

• Excellent Topic Excellent Topic x 2
  2. I met his daughter at the National Memorial Arboretum after the Bosnia memorial service in 2007. She was a cracking girl and the REA have done sterling work in helping to look after her. It'd be great if someone could help with the pics.

3. Chris was in my Troop at the time I will dig out all my old shite (photies memrobellia etc) and see if I can find anything of him had a shitty camera at the time but you never know.
    I am really horrified to hear about what happened to his wife.

4. Many thanks bud.

5. I understand his daughter used to watch a video of her father giving xmas greetings from Bosnia, when her mother died the video was lost, if anyone has a copy of the video or knows who produced it or any information about it I would be more than happy to cover any costs in obtaining a copy

6. Hello guys,
    I'm the daughter of LCpl McLeish (though it's Christopher Stuart McLeish) and was wondering if any of you had managed to find anything? It's been nearly 19 years since he died so I would understand if you haven't.
    Thank you so much for your kind words and all of your efforts, you all really show the true brotherhood and sisterhood of the armed forces and I know my Dad will be up there keeping his eye on you all.

Lauren x

• Like Like x 2
  7. Rod924

Rod924 LE Reviewer

And I am certain that your Father is as proud as punch that you are his daughter. Arrse is a brilliant network so I really hope you get the photos you desire Lauren.

8. Thank you! Means a lot. Even if there's no photies I'd love to even hear some daft stories about him. Stuff that no one else can tell me.
    Thanks again, L x

9. Good on you, "Daughter of the REA", I hope you get some result on this. I hope your dad isn't keeping his eye on this lot, though.

• Like Like x 2