LCpl Jones finishes his stag. RIP.

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by slipperman, Nov 7, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I know it has appeared in the Celebrity Death thread, but I reckon he deserves his own thread. Clive Dunn (aka LCpl Jones from Dads Army) has passed away today. He was 92 and had re-located to Portugal some years ago to live out the remainder of his life away from the spotlight and the public eye.* Thanks for the memories - "they don't like it up 'em"! :)

* Take note the likes of Bruce Forsyth and Dennis Skinner!
    • Like Like x 12
  2. Grandad, he's lovely.
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Entertainer.
    Unlike myself or Bravo Bravo was not a STAB either.
    Good age too.
  4. Don't panic!
  5. FrosteeMARIA

FrosteeMARIA LE Gallery Guru

What a nice bloke he was. Grandad for more than 40 years! RIP, and don't panic....but who's going to keep the Fuzzy-Wuzzies away now?
  6. Permission to march off sir
    • Like Like x 1
  7. My old Dad used to tend his garden, nice chap, always had a kind word. RIP
  8. RIP to a nice Actor.
  9. Cracking old fella - hopefully he enjoyed his dotage in Portugal with a bottle or dozen of the red stuff. RIP
  10. we wont be getting this week's ration of brawn now
    • Like Like x 2
  11. End of an era to be sure.
  12. "Doing a Jonesy" (while on parade) is a common British military expression thanks to Clive Dunn.

God bless and thank you,

13. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

Any intel on the disposition of his jet-ski?
  14. That's a shame, another famous actor from my youth shuffles off the mortal coil.

Private Pike must be the only one from the Walmington-on-Sea platoon still standing.

The youngsters only know who he was because of the inteminable repeats, a certain sign of sucess. I hope he got repeat fees from them. So we'll be seeing them all again every week-end for the next few decades.
  15. The curse of dads Army stikes again, I see