LCPL Jimmy Dyer

#1
I have just watched the local STV news regarding Jimmy Dyer and it broke my heart.I have traced his father Jimmy senior ex Sgt RASC , his father ex Scots Guards. His dad is at his wits end with the situation.

Jimmy is flying home on an air ambulance at a cost of £20K plus. It looks as though his brother is going to be re-mortgaging his house for this.

I have offered to do a concert with all proceeds going to the fund. I hope the good lasses and Lads of arrse can help a serving soldier in need.


FATJOCK
 

the_boy_syrup

LE
Book Reviewer
#2
Can I ask whats happened?
 
#3
I think its about a lad on leave in Prague IIRC, who had an accident.

Because he was on leave the MOD have washed thier hands of him and the family have to foot the bill.
 
#5
nasty story

but that's what travel insurance is there for.
i paid 50 quid to be insured for 90 days of asia, i was insured for sums of up to 500000£...

in the end the MOD is this chaps employer, not his guardian
 
#6
Yep, thats the one I thought although I should have said Poland not Prague.

Best of luck jock, keep us imformed mate, bit far away from home at the mo.
 
#8
Thanks for your sympathy proper. I do not think that there is any need for, I told you comments. It has happened, hope you can find it in your heart to make a donation when there is a fund set up. :D
 
#9
aye it's a real shitter for the lad and hope it all turns out okay.

my comments only regarded the nature of the article.

has anybody got a van and a week off? ;)
 
#10
I'm in Poland
PM me your email address and I'll see what I can do to help through contacts at the Embassy and other organisations.
I'm putting this on an open forum as there may be other people who would like to get in contact. Not that I'm saying I have a magic wand to sort this out, but I'll try to help.
 
#11
Howler said:
I'm in Poland
PM me your email address and I'll see what I can do to help through contacts at the Embassy and other organisations.
I'm putting this on an open forum as there may be other people who would like to get in contact. Not that I'm saying I have a magic wand to sort this out, but I'll try to help.
Howler, that would be great, even if it was in such a small way.

I see there also a thread running in the REME forum, could a MOD put them together? Possibly in the Charity forum :?
 
#12
Was it his fault that he got hit by the car? If not then the car driver's insurance should be paying for everything (up to 20,000,000EUR limit).
 
#13
It happenened in POland....what's the chances of a driver being insured over there.....exactly nil to not a lot.
 
#14
grippar said:
It happenened in POland....what's the chances of a driver being insured over there.....exactly nil to not a lot.
Actually the chance of the driver being insured is about 85-90%

But then my wench is only the CEO of an motor insurance company with an office in Warsaw.
 
#15
Further to my last, this is the latest information about the Polish motor insurance market (from AXCO - full report yours for 600quid):

Motor third party liability insurance is mandatory and a separate policy has to be bought. A legal amendment was passed on 8 July 2005 to increase the limits to EU levels. The new limits are EUR 1.5mn for bodily injury per accident and EUR 300,000 for material damage per accident.

The law has been changed to allow the setting up of a central register of motor TPL insureds, showing a driver's insurer and registration number. It is believed that some 15% of drivers do not have motor TPL cover.

In addition to the compulsory minimum limit, cover is granted by some companies for higher amounts, although most accept the minimum limit. There are two cover options for motor casco, separating the collision and stationary damage risk from the theft risk.

Motor liability rates are not set by government tariff, and are set to rise in 2008 following approval of the "Religa tax" bill.

Compensation Fund
There is a motor insurers' bureau and a guarantee fund which handles claims against uninsured drivers
However if it was Jimmy's fault then none of the above applies. If however it was not his fault then he will get recompensed and compensated (it may take a while though and involve a lawyer).

Here is to hoping that it wasn't his fault.
 
#16
Proper_Gander said:
nasty story

but that's what travel insurance is there for.
i paid 50 quid to be insured for 90 days of asia, i was insured for sums of up to 500000£...

in the end the MOD is this chaps employer, not his guardian
Have to agree with the above, squaddies on holiday are not the MOD's responsibility. Travel insurance is a must and if you don't take it then, with no disrespect to the victim, you are a bit of a muppet.

Relying on the drivers insurance is ridiculous for 2 reasons. 1) He might not be insured and 2) It takes insurance companies months to pay out. Travel insurance pays straight away and then fights for their money back off the third party later.

However, as a now private citizen, I will quite gladly donate to the fee as a recognition of a fellow squaddie in trouble.

Send us a link to donate and I'll do so ASAP.
 
#18
fatjock said:
I have just watched the local STV news regarding Jimmy Dyer and it broke my heart.I have traced his father Jimmy senior ex Sgt RASC , his father ex Scots Guards. His dad is at his wits end with the situation.

Jimmy is flying home on an air ambulance at a cost of £20K plus. It looks as though his brother is going to be re-mortgaging his house for this.

I have offered to do a concert with all proceeds going to the fund. I hope the good lasses and Lads of arrse can help a serving soldier in need.


FATJOCK
Fatjock check your pm's re a possible fundraising concert - might be able to help.
 
#19
Update from Face book Site

Fraser wrote
at 1:07pm
thank you all on behalf of the dyer family for all the encouragement and support. Lee and all Jim's mates have been sterlin!! |Billy's off tonight via private ambulance to collect jim at heathrow early tomorrow morning and big run north to aberdeen awaiting jim's arrival for care. big thanks to the army ones at the warsaw embassy (you know who you are) and without your help we'd still be battling for jim. The MOD need look at policy and let's not let this happen again to the fighting men and women of this country, rally round guys - big cheers from us, we're gonna nurse him soon and god bless he makes a full recovery - And let's not allow this to happen to any other family's

big cheers
 
#20
Update

http://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/Article.aspx/822603


Fraser wrote
at 2:07pm
My eldest brother Billy and our private medical crew have collected JIM off a flight to heathrow this morning and we are driving him up the road now to Abeerdeen Royal for immediate hospital addmittal/review/medical and care.

Mr Rae creator great thanks to you for this page on facebook, and again to all the suppport.

We are planning to collectively pay this all as a family but by no means disregard help from you's so if there are donations offered please visit the Press & Journal newspaper site and see today's artical on JIM as Billy has a bank/donation details there.

He's on home soil, our father can rest a bit easier and we need to now care and pray he recovers as fully as possable.

let's use this opportunity so that no 'so called MP' gets away with this treatment to fighting men again and that no other family recieves this discrimaination or heartache again. Also to the insurers who are not worth the mention of thier 'policies' any more than a piece of shit paper..
 

Similar threads


Latest Threads

Top