LCPL Jimmy Dyer

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by fatjock, Sep 3, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I have just watched the local STV news regarding Jimmy Dyer and it broke my heart.I have traced his father Jimmy senior ex Sgt RASC , his father ex Scots Guards. His dad is at his wits end with the situation.

Jimmy is flying home on an air ambulance at a cost of £20K plus. It looks as though his brother is going to be re-mortgaging his house for this.

I have offered to do a concert with all proceeds going to the fund. I hope the good lasses and Lads of arrse can help a serving soldier in need.

FATJOCK

2. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

Can I ask whats happened?

3. I think its about a lad on leave in Prague IIRC, who had an accident.

Because he was on leave the MOD have washed thier hands of him and the family have to foot the bill.

4. nasty story

but that's what travel insurance is there for.
    i paid 50 quid to be insured for 90 days of asia, i was insured for sums of up to 500000£...

in the end the MOD is this chaps employer, not his guardian

5. Yep, thats the one I thought although I should have said Poland not Prague.

Best of luck jock, keep us imformed mate, bit far away from home at the mo.

6. I have to agree with Proper_Ganda, but I hope they get him home safely.

7. Thanks for your sympathy proper. I do not think that there is any need for, I told you comments. It has happened, hope you can find it in your heart to make a donation when there is a fund set up. :D

8. aye it's a real shitter for the lad and hope it all turns out okay.

my comments only regarded the nature of the article.

has anybody got a van and a week off? ;)

9. I'm in Poland
    PM me your email address and I'll see what I can do to help through contacts at the Embassy and other organisations.
    I'm putting this on an open forum as there may be other people who would like to get in contact. Not that I'm saying I have a magic wand to sort this out, but I'll try to help.

10. Howler, that would be great, even if it was in such a small way.

I see there also a thread running in the REME forum, could a MOD put them together? Possibly in the Charity forum :?

11. Was it his fault that he got hit by the car? If not then the car driver's insurance should be paying for everything (up to 20,000,000EUR limit).

12. It happenened in POland....what's the chances of a driver being insured over there.....exactly nil to not a lot.

13. Actually the chance of the driver being insured is about 85-90%

But then my wench is only the CEO of an motor insurance company with an office in Warsaw.

14. Further to my last, this is the latest information about the Polish motor insurance market (from AXCO - full report yours for 600quid):

However if it was Jimmy's fault then none of the above applies. If however it was not his fault then he will get recompensed and compensated (it may take a while though and involve a lawyer).

Here is to hoping that it wasn't his fault.