LCGI info required please

Discussion in 'ACF' started by pull.it.in, Aug 25, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi,
    Are you or have you done your LCGI? Could you please tell me more about it and what the qual is worth to the civi emplpyer.

2. The Licenciateship is a level 4 award offered by the City and Guilds Institute. Being a level 4 award it is roughly equivalent to an HND (awarded after 2 years at uni). It is available to Cadet Force Adults in the area of Youth Leadership and Training. More info from the CVQO website:

http://www.cvqo.co.uk/default.php?category=side&pageName=Youth+Leadership+and+Training

To be eligible you need to have attended the KGVI or CCF advanced course and have held a command appointment for 5 years. You write a report about your course and how you have subsequently applied the skills learnt. It costs you £90.

I haven't done it, but I would guess it is quite valuable to employers if you work in the field of youth work. Obviously if you're a rocket scientist with a proper degree already it'll not matter a jot!

3. can anyone with experience tell me how to set out a reflective report please