Laying Pages Out

Discussion in 'ARRSEpedia' started by Bad CO, May 31, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Bad CO

Bad CO LE Admin Reviews Editor Gallery Guru

Like the majority of ARRSEPedians I'm still getting to grips with how it actually works. BFG 9000 has been playing around with html tags and discovered that they can be used to great effect to significantly improve the look of pages - click here to see what I mean.

2. [marq=left]HELP [/marq]

Have been trying to rearrange the Places and Postings page so the places on it are arranged like the users on the Users page in the ARRSEpedia and so it would look neater and more compact.

But no matter what I do all the placenames keep going all over the place!!!! Can anyone help or if they have the time edit so it looks like the Users page?

Apologies for it looking a right mess.

Cheers
    Duck

3. Bad CO

DD,
    I believe that I've done what you were after - a useful reference is the Media Wiki site. Thanks for all your great work btw!

4. Cheers Bad CO. I'll buy myself a bigger hat now! :lol:

It's all in nice neat columns now but the headers aren't right now! All the UK ones are in Northern Ireland and the NI ones in BFG. ARRRRRGH!

Tried reading the media Wiki thingy but all it did was give me a headache! What now!?!?!?!?!?!?!
    :(

5. Bad CO

Sorted now - you weren't finishing the tables off properly....

You were using |-} rather than |}. Obvious really I think........

6. Knew it would be something simple. DUH!

Cheers!

7. [marq=left]
    :lol: Ducky's a wally... Ducky's a wally...Ducky's a wally...Ducky's a wally...Ducky's a wally...Ducky's a wally...Ducky's a wally...Ducky's a wally...Ducky's a wally... :lol: [/marq]

8. Damnation, you beat me to it....

9. For anyone else who is familiar with html and wishes to include it on a wiki page, further examples of html encoding and results can be seen here.

Having seen the examples, click "edit" and view the source code.

Ghost