Lawrence Dallaglio volunteers to aid Help for Heroes

Discussion in 'Sports, Adventure Training and Events' started by PM-88, Jun 4, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. To fellow ARRSErs.

Thought you would be interest in this. Always good to see some sporting legends showing support for our boys:

"This is going to be a great day in which rugby people can honour all our unsung British heroes in the Services from all the theatres of war, some of whom pay a terrible price for their country. "

The organisers, have set themselves the task of filling the stadium and raising well over £1 million to help fund a new swimming pool at the Hedley Court Rehabilitation Centre.

Brillaint idea if you ask me. :)

2. Quality day out by the sounds of it!
  3. When is this being played?
  4. Read the link Squaddie :wink:
  5. I'd love to be there .... as long as I don't have to cycle there! :0)
  6. Brilliant. How about an ARRSE contingent?
  7. That’s a great idea and all good fortune to it.

One quibble though. It would be even better if the “English” team is not solely English but reflects the contributions by the Welsh, Irish, Scots and the many other peoples who serve/have served in HM Forces, so far as that is possible in 15 people plus reserves.

It should be one hell of a game.
  8. I'm sure it'll be more of a 'Home Nations' XV than an English one. Arrse contingent sounds like a plan!
  9. Hats off to LD and the supporters he has pulled in. "New Liabour" should hang their heads in shame at the prospect of such fundraising being necessary to overcome their lack of committment to the Forces they send away in their name!

Heres to a cracking afternoon's fundraising and a good day/night on the lash!

Lawrence - I salute you.
  10. Trans-sane

Trans-sane LE Book Reviewer

Dallaglio and Gibbs. Real sporting heroes. All those footballers can take a running jump.

Good lads that pair (and the other 30+ players).
  11. Top Man.

What a wank state of affairs we have in this country when we have to raise money like this for our own blokes.
  12. Yes well done.

Well done to the unsung heroes also that are helping in any way they can....

".... fully backed by the RFU who have offered Twickenham free of charge with all their back-room staff all working for free"
  13. Will be a great day out, with some great rugby, for a great cause. Looking forwards to seeing Gibbs back out on the park :)
  14. Didn't notice the bold, fucking good on em.

Can't you just tell that Rugby is a squaddies game? Could you imagine the England kissball team and Wembley doing this?