Lawns

Actingunpaid

Old-Salt
I like looking after my lawn.

Gave it a first cut yesterday, just a trim, to coin a phrase.

I feed and weed it, and have learned the hard way that fallen leaves should be removed as they kill grass underneath.
I've previously scarified which looks scary but actually does the world of good.

Strangely satisfying.View attachment 457934
Judging by the stains on those slabs,if you haven't got a dog,you are incontinent and drink red wine.:-D

What is this grass stuff that you speak of? Photo taken just a few minutes ago.

Capture.JPG

No snow here. But no grass either. Maybe next year when I’ve got all that ferkin rock cleaned up.

View attachment 458008
Did you make those pallets out of old coffee tables?

Ah the joys of clearing land, that fair takes me back to when we first bought this place.

Chimp

ADC
I like looking after my lawn.

Gave it a first cut yesterday, just a trim, to coin a phrase.

I feed and weed it, and have learned the hard way that fallen leaves should be removed as they kill grass underneath.
I've previously scarified which looks scary but actually does the world of good.

Strangely satisfying.View attachment 457934
When I needed mine doing I just told a copper mate that I had had the McCann's round to stay after their terrible holiday in Portugal. They dug it up in a jiffy, ponced about a bit and then put it all back with fresh turf.

Big patio @Bravo_Bravo .............. did you used to have a wife?

Now the obligatory...

Is it too early to ask...

Is this thread going as the OP intended? :)

Just curious here mate why do you have a t-post either side of that tree? Is the tree tied to the posts?
More to the point...looks like a scene from a Playstation 1 action / horror game...Silent Hill??

First cut since last September on Tuesday and it’s fair to say the poor garden has taken a hammering this winter. We are hoping to spruce it up a bit over the weekend, which is set fair.
FEB5E6E5-5B54-4A85-A758-C5EA229AA2F6.jpeg

Just curious here mate why do you have a t-post either side of that tree? Is the tree tied to the posts?
Yes, it prevents the tree from blown over by the wind. Standard practice for all the newly planted trees until they have had a few years to grow and the roots are firmly in the ground.

First cut since last September on Tuesday and it’s fair to say the poor garden has taken a hammering this winter. We are hoping to spruce it up a bit over the weekend, which is set fair.
View attachment 458027
Nice shed!

Sort them flag stones out. Need ripping up

Nice shed!

Sort them flag stones out. Need ripping up
Two sheds if you look closely! The flag stones will be fine after a bit of Kirschner treatment. The hard standing in the centre, supporting the trampoline, used to be a garden pond, but we got rid when the grandkids started appearing, plus I couldn’t be arsed maintaining it!

Latest Threads