Lawns

I like looking after my lawn.

Gave it a first cut yesterday, just a trim, to coin a phrase.

I feed and weed it, and have learned the hard way that fallen leaves should be removed as they kill grass underneath.
I've previously scarified which looks scary but actually does the world of good.

Strangely satisfying.
20200320_114130.jpg

Show contents of shed - and be judged!

Time to dig up that lawn and grow veggies, or if you can't bring yourself to do that, get a goat. (It is a nice lawn, though)

dontenn

War Hero
Plastic grass is best, or so they say.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
I like looking after my lawn.

Gave it a first cut yesterday, just a trim, to coin a phrase.

I feed and weed it, and have learned the hard way that fallen leaves should be removed as they kill grass underneath.
I've previously scarified which looks scary but actually does the world of good.

Strangely satisfying.View attachment 457934

Boring, not a colourful plant or flower pot in sight, the possibilities are endless, it needs jazzing up, it will attract birds, bees, squirrels and dragonflies. You now have the chance to turn your barren plot of land into something pleasing to the eye, and not as it stands, a plain putting green, ,...........just a few random thoughts.

Originally I thought your mower was scalping on one side, but now I realize it’s just a narrow cut and It’s the alternating nap. Looks pretty good, and weed-free. I’m jealous :)

Boring, not a colourful plant or flower pot in sight, the possibilities are endless, it needs jazzing up, it will attract birds, bees, squirrels and dragonflies. You now have the chance to turn your barren plot of land into something pleasing to the eye, and not as it stands, a plain putting green, ,...........just a few random thoughts.
Not as boring or bland as your military career though.

I'm still waiting for the frost to leave the ground before I go out to pick up a season's worth of blown trash, leaves, and the neighbour's melted dog eggs in my yard.

I want to know whether the pathway to the shed along the fenceline is strictly adhered to - no matter what the weather.

I think there's an urgent requirement for a "show of strength" and an extension be built onto that shed -it would appear the neighbour is currently ahead in the shed willy-waving stakes.

I think there's an urgent requirement for a "show of strength" and an extension be built onto that shed -it would appear the neighbour is currently ahead in the shed willy-waving stakes.
You mean, remove the grass and replace it with a hardstanding for a timber palace?

The neighbour might have more length, but it’s not as erect, the ridge is sagging. His also has the Coronavirus, desperately needs a coat of preservative too.

ETA: @Bravo_Bravo’s patio furniture could do with a coat of oil too.

He had to make things up.

"I joined the army, never went anywhere & was never awarded any medals" doesn't make granddaughters moist.
He's been at the "sharp end" twice apparently. Before going into Robme mode and refusing to talk about it.

Latest Threads