Law Society Ball

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Benzoate, May 4, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Name says it all, I have been press ganged by my girlfriend to go a Law Society Ball. Had to rent a dinner jacket and all that jazz. Anyone got any tips for spending a night with these pompous cnuts ?
  2. NBC suit and a vile of nerve agent :twisted:
    one of those bulgarian umberllias ?
    get drunk and punchy :twisted:
    drink heavily and refrain from hitting anyone good luck :D
  3. You don't own your own dinner jacket .................?
  4. "The Lawyer's Ball"

Is it a dance or a raffle ?
  5. You never know, it might just turn out to be a laugh*. The closest living resemblance to Dickens' Mr Fezziwig that I've ever met is in a Senior Partner of a Glasgow solicitors' firm.

*The value of your laughter may go down as well as up.
  6. Is P.H.I.L. S.H.I.N.E.R. a swear word now>
  7. I do own a dinner jacket but apparently it isn't expensive enough or some such crap.

I think I will be taking the advice of getting plastered and I will in fact refrain from hitting anyone as I can't afford to be sued out my ass by some hot shot lawyer type also my girlfriend would give me a good shoeing.

edited to say: I think it's just a dinner and dance.
  8. Good lord!
  9. Don't let them know about your affinity with scabies.

Or that you're a cunt.
  10. You want him to stab a Field Marshal?
  11. Tip 1 of 1; try and avoid referring to them as ............. to their faces. :wink:
  12. Haha, I will.
  13. Oh quick note: I don't think that all lawyers are pompous quite that opposite actually, however I know for a fact quite a few of the ones that are attending this function are...I mean why else would you have a ball celebrating your own greatness ?
  14. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

Because, of course, the Armed Services never do that either, do they? :roll:
  15. It is probably safest to become a “ Grey Man “ at such an event if you wish to retain your girlfriend by ......

Not spitting at all .
    Not breaking wind when being introduced to her bosses .
    Not starting to do the “ Watutsi Sh*g Dance “ .
    Not showing an outing of the Trouser Elephant …. complete with ears .
    Not wearing luminous orange socks and hitching your DJ trousers up slightly .
    Not belching during the meal .
    Not wearing a spinning , flashing Bow Tie .

Then again you could do all of the above and make it a truly memorable night out for everyone attending .