Law prohibiting "condoning terrorism" - good or bonkers?

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by MrPVRd, Jul 16, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. IMHO the only good thing about this proposed law is that the Wicked Witch could be locked up!

Theoretically anyone celebrating July 4th and any Irish celebrating the Easter Rising (insurgencies and uprisings against the British Crown) could be locked up.

Also, anyone who supports "direct action" such as that carried out by foxhunting supporters and environmentalists may be criminalised.

As normal, from this wretched government, we see a proposed law that is unworkable and that will only provide cash for the lawyers involved in the convoluted arguments that will ensue. The law must be objective and not subjective.

Resources and effort will be directed away from measures that could prevent terrorist attacks. Isn't there scope to lock someone up for inciting racial hatred or, in future, religious hatred?

www.telegraph.co.uk

2. When will Labour learn that all they need to do is properly enforce and support existing legislation? The Commission, Preparation and Instigation of terrorism is already a substantive criminal offence, and that portion of the Terrorism Act 2000 might need a bit of a tweak.

Oh, but I suppose that wouldn't make much of a headline, would it?

More grist to the mill for Cherie's elite cadre of Neo-Marxist lawyers at Matrix. Trebles all round!

V!

3. As usual with this useless government, they'll pass some very ill thought out laws and IMO try to slip some oppressive laws through with them. This Government are obviously unable to run this country effectively. But they may achieve what Hilter couldn't and that is the destruction of Great Britian and the British way of life.

4. ^ Armourer, it's time for your warm milk and pills a bit early today, isn't it?
    :D

5. At least Hitler got the trains to run on time and he was none too bad at wallpapering!

6. I'll be right once I've had a couple of bowls of Electric Soup for me breakfast :D