Lavasoft ad aware personal 2007

Discussion in 'Gaming and Software' started by bigbird67, Mar 19, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Is anyone else having a problem with it freezing mid scan? It will do a smart scan but gets stuck on a full scan, always on a different file, Lavasoft must be sick to death of getting crash reports off me! :(
  2. Yes, me. Up until their "update" of their old application, everything was running perfectly. This latest incarnation seems to be a load of old tat, it freezes, it misses loads of stuff and I'm looking for something better
  3. msr

msr LE

4. thanks msr, i'll give that a go!
  5. msr

msr LE

6. Thanks also, msr, didn't know avg/grisoft did anti spyware stuff.

As an aside, I've found that "windows washer" is a nice piece of kit to clear out cookies, temp files, etc, and doesn't cost a lot if you "shop sensibly"
  7. crap cleaner does a good job on those too
  8. msr

msr LE

9. Yeah, I was talking about crap cleaner with someone else today who also rated it highly.

Interesting that avg/grisoft offer so much. Almost makes me want to pay them,

Anything has to be better than trying to remove symantec crap from a pc!
  10. i just ran that ewido onlinescanner and it found all SORTS of shi'ite, msr you are a gent :hug:
  11. Seconded. Excellent. Thanks msr!!
  12. Lavasoft ad aware personal 2007 i had the freezing problems and i found that it made mountains out of mole hills i scanned with it came back 13 issues used spybot and avg came back with nothing.