Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Laurence Fox - Political ambitions

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Has anyone mentioned that his cousin Emilia would massively get it yet?

Cos she would.

Just sayin.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer

Cos she would.

Just sayin.
And why not?
1601235941926.png

Yokel

LE

Cos she would.

Just sayin.

I saw her first - get your mitts off. Have you been watching Silent Witness and seeing how she handles a stiff?

Actors may be luvvies, but getting into character for an intelligent role does take some brains, and the industry will bring them into people with people working in roles from hairdresser to camera operators to set construction.

I hope the Reclaim Party is Centrist so that it can attract people from across the political spectrum, and rejects the hardline dogma that occurs with the extremes of left and right. I would like to see reclaiming the word 'British' and the Union Flag from the extremists.

Nigel Farage has been defeated in something like seven General Elections - so a move to the right is unlikely to be popular. They do want common sense, and a sense of national identity that is not defined by race/religion/etc.

In one of the most divisive periods in our British history it took a strong character to make sure the will of the people prevailed.

History will prove Nigel Farage played a most significant part in this.
Like him or loathe him - this is fact now.

Unfortunate perhaps that the first reply and show of interest to Fox's tweet announcing his political ambitions is from someone called Mos(e)ley...

Looks like they will be the new Lib Dem’s then - a party of protest that never achieves anything.

I quite like Fox but let’s see who he surrounds himself with as that‘s the measure of the man.

Wigan Pier

Clanker
What are the benefits of being a political party over being a private individual? I ask because Farage's successes came from pressure being applied from outside of the consensus and had very little to do with him winning seats in Parliament. Much like Laurence Fox has done so far, though admittedly to a much lesser degree.

What are the benefits of being a political party over being a private individual? I ask because Farage's successes came from pressure being applied from outside of the consensus and had very little to do with him winning seats in Parliament. Much like Laurence Fox has done so far, though admittedly to a much lesser degree.

you get elected to the Lords and cream the taxpayer

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
Oh for the days when an anti establishment act was putting a drawing pin on teacher’s chair rather than destroying public property and knocking people to the ground because their skin is a different colour.
Don't forget kinetic shopping.

A phrase I learned today.

ISTR the he (Horrocks) and some of his old staff were in that lecture hall, as Fox gave the Horrock's Brief for the cameras (I think you can momentarily spot him during the scene, around the front row of the audience). The consensus from the staff was that Fox absolutely nailed it and the performance was uncanny. Horrocks must have been some leader.
Apparently, he was very charismatic and did an amount of TV work (military history programs) once he'd finished his tenure as Black Rod from 1949 to 1963.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Emilia waved at me once in Chelsea.
I was at the lights and just glanced across, as you do.
She gave me the biggest smile and waved.
At the time i thought it strange, but afterwards thought she must get poeple with mad reactions to seeing someone that they had seen on the telly.
I was once in a pub and saw a northern dick knock over a table and a few chairs because Bill Oddie walked past.

So a lovey from a long line of lovies feels that current politicians are out of touch with the general public.

Nothing to see here, move on.
I am an oik from a long line of oiks and I agree with him.

Looks like they will be the new Lib Dem’s then - a party of protest that never achieves anything.

I quite like Fox but let’s see who he surrounds himself with as that‘s the measure of the man.
Astute observation and as ever with these things, everything depends on who you have alongside you. Farage's problem was always he couldn't work with people that had the same ego and he was always trying to stop far right entryists, as that just gave the media an easy attack line with one of its panorama exposures of the fringes been a bit dodgy (but no similar checking of mainstream party fringe views).

Latest Threads