Army Rumour Service

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Laurence Fox - Political ambitions

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
Linky not worky
Hm. It does when I click on it.

Anyway, the gist of it is outrage at the 'paedo' slur. As noted, it seems to be alright to make a groundless slur of racism but a groundless slur in return is offensive.

Interestingly, the outraged one is making the case that an accusation of paedophilia 'is one of the oldest homophobic tropes', so he/she/it is getting the anti-gay bit in there as well. I for one have never linked being gay with kiddie-fiddling, but there you go.

Interesting times ahead, and it's going to be interesting to see how the MSM, including the Daily Mail, play this one out.

Interestingly, the outraged one is making the case that an accusation of paedophilia 'is one of the oldest homophobic tropes', so he/she/it is getting the anti-gay bit in there as well. I for one have never linked being gay with kiddie-fiddling, but there you go.

How is a Catholic priest shagging a choir boy anything but a homosexual act? And when Labour and the National Council for Civil Liberties were getting into bed with the Paedophile Information Exchange in the 70s it was as a means to promote gay rights.

However apart from those two exceptions I tend to agree with you.

Yokel

LE
How is a Catholic priest shagging a choir boy anything but a homosexual act? And when Labour and the National Council for Civil Liberties were getting into bed with the Paedophile Information Exchange in the 70s it was as a means to promote gay rights.

Perhaps it is just an example of exploiting opportunities?

When Harriet Harmen at what was then the National Council for Civil Liberties they did work with PIE, and this was vociferously opposed by many gay campaigners. Acts between consenting adults are not the same as an adult coercing a child into sexual acts.

Perhaps it is just an example of exploiting opportunities?

When Harriet Harmen at what was then the National Council for Civil Liberties they did work with PIE, and this was vociferously opposed by many gay campaigners. Acts between consenting adults are not the same as an adult coercing a child into sexual acts.

You know that, we know that, but Harriet Harman and her vile ilk were trying to legitimise it, or at least give them a voice.

Utter poison - dressed up as enlightenment.

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer

Indeed. However, most people don't make an automatic assumption of a link between homosexuality and predatory behaviour towards minors. The aggrieved party here seems to be trying to work in a homophobia angle as well, thus proving Fox's contention: throw enough mud, and it will stick.

Yokel

LE
You know that, we know that, but Harriet Harman and her vile ilk were trying to legitimise it, or at least give them a voice.

Utter poison - dressed up as enlightenment.

Everyone knows they are scum. I do not think the Left's advocacy of paedophilia is anything other than part of the efforts to deny the rights of the individual and to undermine family structures. Another of the sly tricks of the left is to misrepresent opposition to something as being opposition to an entire group.

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
Everyone knows they are scum. I do not think the Left's advocacy of paedophilia is anything other than part of the efforts to deny the rights of the individual and to undermine family structures. Another of the sly tricks of the left is to misrepresent opposition to something as being opposition to an entire group.
Opposition is misrepresented as unreasonable or something phobic. Well, forgive me if I resent the attempt to normalise paedophilia. That does not make me homophobic or racist.

Nor does it make intolerant - even mildly; it means that I have some values in my life which are absolute. One of those is that the violation of children for sexual gratification is intolerable.

Actually, it does make me intolerant - but only of something which should be intolerable.

Yokel

LE
Opposition is misrepresented as unreasonable or something phobic. Well, forgive me if I resent the attempt to normalise paedophilia. That does not make me homophobic or racist.

Nor does it make intolerant - even mildly; it means that I have some values in my life which are absolute. One of those is that the violation of children for sexual gratification is intolerable.

Actually, it does make me intolerant - but only of something which should be intolerable.

Exactly. This is another example of an extreme political ideology trying to hide in the cause of standing up for a group - gay people, women, Muslims, or whatever. But really they are harming that group, using them like a virus invades a cell and uses it to replicate.

Focusing on extremes is never good. The real advances in minority rights has been achieved bot by concentrating on differences but on shared human values.

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
Exactly. This is another example of an extreme political ideology trying to hide in the cause of standing up for a group - gay people, women, Muslims, or whatever. But really they are harming that group, using them like a virus invades a cell and uses it to replicate.

Focusing on extremes is never good. The real advances in minority rights has been achieved bot by concentrating on differences but on shared human values.
@halo_jones can take the floor, here.

Maybe, but it shows he has **** all followers in what is a very big chunk of the population.

A quick google shows there are nearly 27 million U.K. Instagram users. Over 30% of whom have an IQ between 25 and 34.

It would be rude not to reflect reality.

Editing is fun "not" in the latest Arrse Update... Grrrr.

Hm. It does when I click on it.

Anyway, the gist of it is outrage at the 'paedo' slur. As noted, it seems to be alright to make a groundless slur of racism but a groundless slur in return is offensive.

Interesting times ahead, and it's going to be interesting to see how the MSM, including the Daily Mail, play this one out.

@Cold_Collation I think that you rather hit the nail on the head, here that what is being missed at the centre of the Mails story and elsewhere in the media were this is being report / misrepresented, is the hypocrisy of those who throw out accusations the get all 'toys out of the pram' when its thrown back at them.

While paedophilia was and is a homophobic trope, its not one thrown about as readily as "Your Racist" but has stomped on by all and sundry over the decades. However like all tropes and stereotypes there is like a element of truth. That said most normal thinking people dont link the two unless there is legitimate cause.

Some in the LGBT communities recently have not been doing, the wider LGBT community writ large any favours, rather than as most do just crack on with life. They went all in on identity politics encouraged by the left.

That is perhaps for a separate thread, which wont go anywhere, as I suspect that those of us in the Arrse LGBT community are bored shitless with it.

Heading back to, Laurence Fox, his political ambitions, twatter, faceache and other fcuking mindless social media, where 'Laurence Fox' has been incessantly dragged since his 'Question Time appearance. Mostly with the accusation that he is "Racist". Of course the lack of evidence that he is "Racist", is all the proof that many on the left need. Clearly this is bunk but there are those who are happy to set the hounds running on the fox.

As with much of social media, facts and evidence are both sparse in use and used by the 'professional' media to create stories, rather than investigate and report. Because 'Fox is thinking of entering politics, and not the politics of the left, it seems that there are many on the left who think 'he' must be stopped, before he has a chance to succeed or fail by his own words or deeds.

Now that he got all handbaggy with some twatters, is for some it seems all that is needed to show he is unfit to enter politics, and for others that he should and they rather wished the 'established political class of the right' did the same.

He did take down his tweet, shortly after posting and has in his own words on some of the mainstream and alternate media, and too paraphrase said. 'I was being a bit of a dullard, but I am getting fcuked off with false accusation made against me'.

Being fcuked off with false accusations, is I would say also fcuking off quite a lot of 'British people' recently, particularly when there is no tangible proof, and particularly because whenever accusations are thrown about they likely political rather than morale in motivation. There is little if any honest debate.

Once again you rather nailed it with any "Opposition is misrepresented as unreasonable or something phobic" rather than why there is opposition to what ever the 'subject'. The tactic of this type of opposition, is to either frame a narrative or to shut down debate. This tactic is both disgusting and dangerous, but then the left have always liked to play with fire and when they get burnt they blame everyone else but themselves.

It ignores that as individuals we all have differing values, and differing reactions to a wealth of subjects, this will by virtue of human nature bring about visceral opposition to some things, favourable to others, and muhhh, to many more. Of course that human reaction can be based more on emotion than facts, and visa versa. Such nuance is how the L,G,B and T differing communities writ large, fight like cats in sacks with each other, some of it is for fun but some of it is not. Gee... That's pretty much like any other collection of humans who group together, because of, subject or characteristics immutable or otherwise.

Personally I doubt I am alone in this, I like one aspect from a collection of thoughts, words or actions and hate everything else. That truthful and real reaction, is today seen as sadly nuanced and subjective. This opposition, likely goes against "The Narrative". Likely this narrative is going to be politicly motivated and being widely and enthusiastically pushed regardless of reality, it is to force a position of being uncritically 'All in' with the "The Narrative". Anything less and you are the enemy and must be destroyed.

So is 'Fox entering politics a good thing or just another 'luvvie' spouting off, that will have to be seen, but to slip into internet parlance, he is likely "Red Pilling the normies" against the multitude of today's bunk narratives that dont reflect reality, and more importantly don't have any real level of widespread popular support. Rather they are fcuking off quite a lot of 'British people'

We all bitch and moan that politics to some degree that 'politics' is predominately a closed shop of the 'rich or the unions' and that we want to see more non political players... So like him or not, like what he has to say or not. He is at least doing rather than screeching from the armchair.

slick

LE
Seems Mr Fox may have a point.... linky
A former bar owner and co-founder of Cornwall Pride has been sentenced after being caught with a stash of vile child sex images and videos on his phone.
Christian Diamant is well-known in Cornwall for his work founding the county’s LGBTQ annual celebration back in 2008, although he is no longer connected to the group and was never part of the new Cornwall Pride CIC created four years ago.
He is also known for running Truro venues such as the former Bar Qdos - which was at the time the country’s most southerly LGBT bar – and The Old Globe Café and Bistro.
Diamant, who has since moved to Kent and owns the White Horse Inn in Bridge, near Canterbury, was spared jail and unpaid work by a judge who said he had "no desire to upset his business"

I think that's rather naïve, this nonsense isn't going to go away on it's own and it should (quite rightly) be challenged.
I agree we need to continue to challenge it but its future is as secure as Joe Swinson, Anna Soubre and the bbc licence tax.
There is a lot of noise from a minority, not much else.

Seems Mr Fox may have a point.... linky
However, his defence solicitor insisted he "did not have a sexual interest in children" and never shared the content with others.

So why have them?

Dredd

LE
I absolutely get that, but opening the door to PR doesn't necessarily get him the result he craves. For every UKIP (or whatever new Party he creates) seat achieved through PR, there is the likelihood that an anti seat will be delivered at the same time (Green, Lib Dem, Nationalist).

So you are saying that their supporters do not deserve representation then? The ones you call anti-seats?

Then why not just have Vote for A or B only - no need to have alternatives of any kind then.

Yokel

LE
What can you mean?

People who do not use things like Twitter and Instagram? You can register your interest on his website. You can see him talking and making points on various YouTube videos.

If only there was an intellectual heavyweight to guide and articulate their philosophy - someone like the late Sir Roger Scruton...

People who do not use things like Twitter and Instagram? You can register your interest on his website. You can see him talking and making points on various YouTube videos.

If only there was an intellectual heavyweight to guide and articulate their philosophy - someone like the late Sir Roger Scruton...
Thanks Yokel - I assumed he was being rhetorical.

Latest Threads