Army Rumour Service

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Laurence Fox - Political ambitions

It really be interesting to see how that plays out if the original gobshíte goes down the legal path - because it will prove to be a test.

Public opinion is going to butt up very hard against the self-proclaimed intelligentsia's.
I'd normally agree but we saw that the highest court in the land was happy to take a political stance rather than a legal one when it came to parliamentary issues.

Brenda Hale admitted as much.

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
I'd normally agree but we saw that the highest court in the land was happy to take a political stance rather than a legal one when it came to parliamentary issues.

Brenda Hale admitted as much.
Quite. Would they bloody dare with this, though? That was over a foreign policy issue - Brexit. This is a domestic one.

Political opinion is driven by public opinion. Public opinion is being very badly misjudged at the moment.

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
His comment in the Julia Hartley-Brewer interview was to the effect of you have just lied about me, I'll lie about you, and he admits in the interview that it perhaps wasn't the best thing to do. It does make a valid point though. The left seem to think that they can throw out offensive lies about people that they disagree with without their victims being able to or having the right to reply.
Just reading this back, I want to make an important distinction: the Left that you refer to doesn't see itself as being on the left. It sees itself as centrist.

Last edited:

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
I’ve just had a skeg at ol’ Foxy’s Instagram page and was surprised to see he only has 37k followers.

In the grand scheme of things that’s **** all.

For comparison, I have a mate who posts pics of himself walking around the Lake District who has more than that.

That’s probably considerably less than your average slag who posts a few revealing phots of herself on the beach.

It’s 3000 less than the bloke who plays Ian Beale in Eastenders.

The fat black woman off loose women has over 10x more followers.

For a relatively mainstream actor, that really is **** all.

While Instagram followers aren’t exactly a scientific measure of popularity and influence, they do give a pretty good ballpark figure as to how many people are interested in this person and what they have to say, especially from the demographic of people under 40. For anyone who is currently in the public eye and making headlines, I would expect substantially more followers.

Just an observation really. I don’t think his campaign or what he’s saying has struck as many chords as the media are making out.

Give it a year and no one will remember his name.

I’ve just had a skeg at ol’ Foxy’s Instagram page and was surprised to see he only has 37k followers.

For comparison, I have a mate who posts pics of himself walking around the Lake District who has more than that.

That’s probably considerably less than your average slag who posts a few revealing phots of herself on the beach.

While Instagram followers aren’t exactly a scientific measure of popularity and influence, they do give a pretty good ballpark figure as to how many people are interested in this person and what they have to say, especially from the demographic of people under 40. For anyone who is currently in the public eye and making headlines, I would expect substantially more followers.

Just an observation really. I don’t think his campaign or what he’s saying has struck as many chords as the media are making out.

Maybe he has a lot of followers, but just not on social media?

whether or not fox succeeds isn’t the issue - the main thing is that he has given people an opportunity to comment openly about the woke craziness that is ruining so much of our lives -I for one have noticed that some Mainstream commentators/reporters have started talking about the subject after cowardly ignoring it and allowing it to go unchecked and unfact checked to the point where a tiny minority of feckwits have been able to take over the agenda through intimidation and terror tactics and most of our institutions and media have rolled over and taken it right up the hoop!

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Maybe he has a lot of followers, but just not on social media?

Maybe, but it shows he has **** all followers in what is a very big chunk of the population.

A quick google shows there are nearly 27 million U.K. Instagram users. Over 30% of whom are between 25 and 34.

I'd wager that most of his target don't have Instagram - I don't, Facebook is but a dwindling collection of old Army groups and some outdoorsy stuff, I never post on it and binned all friends, don't have Twitter etc...

Middle England doesn't really give a toss about that as much as the fringes - that said, the left are experts at mobilising activists and their vehicle of choice is MSM and Social Media. Middle England is still pining for WI Meetings with biccies.

I know where you're coming but I respectfully hope you're wrong (in the best possible way).

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
I'd wager that most of his target don't have Instagram - I don't, Facebook is but a dwindling collection of old Army groups and some outdoorsy stuff, I never post on it and binned all friends, don't have Twitter etc...

Middle England doesn't really give a toss about that as much as the fringes - that said, the left are experts at mobilising activists and their vehicle of choice is MSM and Social Media. Middle England is still pining for WI Meetings with biccies.

I know where you're coming but I respectfully hope you're wrong (in the best possible way).

I think for pretty much everyone under 40, the big three social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram and Twitter) have replaced TV, newspapers, emails and other websites as their primary source of information, entertainment and interaction.

The numbers in my post above prove it. Facebook has 45.5 million active users in the UK.

That’s not the fringes, that’s pretty much everyone who’s old enough to have an account.

For the record, I wholeheartedly agree with the majority of what Fox is saying, but clearly we are the very small minority. His campaign has passed the vast majority of people by. A huge chunk of the population have probably never even heard of him, let alone have any interest in what he’s saying.

Tinfoil hat on:

Could the social media platforms be actively under promoting or even suppressing what he’s saying? Pretty easy for them to limit the reach of his posts and how many timelines and news feeds they appear on.

Hmmm, He does have 242k on twitter though,

Tinfoil hat on:

Could the social media platforms be actively under promoting or even suppressing what he’s saying? Pretty easy for them to limit the reach of his posts and how many timelines and news feeds they appear on.
Absolutely - I'd be more surprised if they weren't doing it.

Some black people seem desperate to become part of British history, even if they have to invent it and they're usually the same ones that spend their whole time in the media pushing anti British racist hatred.

I think for pretty much everyone under 40, the big three social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram and Twitter) have replaced TV, newspapers, emails and other websites as their primary source of information, entertainment and interaction.

The numbers in my post above prove it. Facebook has 45.5 million active users in the UK.

That’s not the fringes, that’s pretty much everyone who’s old enough to have an account.

For the record, I wholeheartedly agree with the majority of what Fox is saying, but clearly we are the very small minority. His campaign has passed the vast majority of people by. A huge chunk of the population have probably never even heard of him, let alone have any interest in what he’s saying.

Tinfoil hat on:

I don’t use Instagram or twitter, my Facebook activity is essentially typing a few one liners whilst having a dump. I’m aware of this Fox chap though, and what he stands for. I suspect there’s a few million others just like I also.
The politicians have had their pants pulled dow a few times now by equating social media activity as a true reflection of public opinion. That’s why they had the ‘shockers’ at the last few significant elections / referendum.

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
I've come off Facebook because of Brexit, BLM and so on. It's become poisonous and that's not being kept in check. Instagram I use but I've not thought to add Fox. Twitter? Never got round to it but I probably should at some stage - again, though, it's been so comprehensively hijacked by the Leftwaffe.

We probably shouldn't expect to see Fox back on Question Time any time soon. That doesn't mean that he hasn't struck a chord. Like Douglas Murray, he's attacking a radicalised view that's trying desperately to become the new normal. The difference that people aren't resisting change because they're unreasonable - they're resisting change because the proposed changes are unreasonable.

Overall, Fox's move is a positive thing. And maybe he'll start to gain followers and traction. As I say, MSM have worked very hard to - there's no other word for its - suppress reporting of the true mood of the country in recent months. That's not wishful thinking on my part, it's the truth.

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
The politicians have had their pants pulled dow a few times now by equating social media activity as a true reflection of public opinion. That’s why they had the ‘shockers’ at the last few significant elections / referendum.
100 percent. And they're still demonstrating a stubborn refusal to learn.

Latest Threads