Laundry tax revate for TA soldiers

Gents,

Moneysavingmartin.com has a link whereby if you are provided a uniform for work, (thats us) and no laundry facilities for washing said uniform,(thats most of us) we can claim £ 12 per year , up to six years backdated for laundering your uniform at home, by writing a simple letter to HMRC . Has anyone tried this . It looks like a simple £72 to me.

Its been done before; there's a thread somewhere on it. You can't claim it back as you are supposedly able to get everything done through your CQMS, even though mine refuses to do anything bar gonk bag

I had a uniform tax relief on my last payslip... though having just de-mobbed not sure if that was a reg pay or TA pay thing...

No you can't. The G4 supply chain provides you with laundry facilities should you wish to take advantage of them. There is another thread about this somewhere.

Berlin

I got a nice post tour surprise when I got a tax bill of 12k last week due to chillwell not changing my tax code even though I got a letter saying it had been changed :)

Not this again, why can't we have a new, fresh and untried thread for once? What about somebody asking when we get paid this month?

Have you tried washing the uniform with your civvie rig at the same time? I bet that could work.

Have you tried washing the uniform with your civvie rig at the same time? I bet that could work.
It doesn't. Both sets of clothes just get on the internet and start calling each other cnuts. It's a non-starter.

Gents,

Moneysavingmartin.com has a link whereby if you are provided a uniform for work, (thats us) and no laundry facilities for washing said uniform,(thats most of us) we can claim £ 12 per year , up to six years backdated for laundering your uniform at home, by writing a simple letter to HMRC . Has anyone tried this . It looks like a simple £72 to me.
If you weren't wearing your uniform you be wearing your civvies so the money you have saved not washing your civvies could be utilised to wash your uniform you gopping ****! could you not buy a washing machine with your bounty?

(Do you actually do enough work in the TA to get your uniform dirty? Are there enough training days to justified getting into uniform?)

Ps - Use the search function you dull ****!

Cheeky STAB cnuts. You don't iron iron your uniform so why the **** would you wash it. If you want laundry machines then join the regulars.

Cheeky STAB cnuts. You don't iron iron your uniform so why the **** would you wash it. If you want laundry machines then join the regulars.
Not to change subject from this riveting thread but. By what fcuking huge leap of imagination does any regular have the nerve to call the TA scruffy?

Do TA soldiers walk round Salisbury dressed up as Riflemen but secretly trying to look like a load of bloody dustmen? trousers not only unbloused but around six feet of spare trouser leg hanging around ones ankles like Gawd knows what. Nor do I believe the Major of Rifles, I often see in the above mentioned town, is TA. No TA major would walk round beret on or off, hands thrust firmly into pockets unless he is filling his face with either pies or ice cream.

Nor was the soldier from the RTR I saw last week from the TA. No TA soldier would walk round the streets of Ringwood in Hampshire hands in pockets, uniform in bits and beret so full of crud it had gone grey. Boxers pulled higher than trousers are a naff fashion in civvies but truly pathetic in uniform.

And I know that the vast majority of the scruffy f**kers I see from my office window are regular Royal Sigs, even the RQMS wench who cannot dress herself (that is to say put some bloody elastics round her bloody ankles) and the other "experienced NCO's who need to go back to phase one day one and learn how to wear a uniform.

What might or might not be ally in Afghan just looks bloody scruffy in the UK.........regulars dont lob bricks in glass houses.