Laundry in Worthy Down

Discussion in 'AGC, RAPTC and SASC' started by ClawedFurryMammal, Jun 16, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Is there a laundry service in Worthy Down at all?

I have a short term need and live in the vicinity, whilst working in London. It seems that there is no civi laundry service in Winchester.

TVM

CFM

2. There were some washing machines on most floors in the Juniour ranks accomodation but that was 11 years ago.

3. Wash em in the sink like we used to do, slacker.

Want me to do your ironing.

4. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

What an odd question!!

Edited to add:

30 seconds on Google

http://www.touchlocal.com/nat/c-1156-t-26534-Launderette-Winchester
    :roll:

5. samm1551

samm1551 Old-Salt Book Reviewer

If you've got a car with you ten minutes down the road is a place called Boyatt Wood in Eastleigh, they have a very good laundry there in the small precinct by the Arrow Pub. Not long since I left that area so know it's definately still there. It's not far from Jctn 12 off the M3.

Sam

6. If you are female I know a chap that would be happy to wash your smalls.....for free 8O

7. Which displays different results from www.yell.co.uk ;)

Strangely they're not in the local directory either.

I'm not sure what's strange about it, most bases I've been on have had a serviced laundry, and given the apparent dearth in Winchester then Worthy Down is reasonably easy to get to.

Anyway, it looks like there is an answer there, thanks

8. Nope, just overworked and spending most of my life in plain clothes at the moment rather than uniform.

9. Thanks. If the one at Winnall, from the touchlocal link above, is really there then that might make sense.

10. i though there was one a few streets away from the mash tun, also a hairdressers there if i remember

11. Obviously not that overworked that you can spend your time asking bone questions on here rather than get your stinking clothes washed though eh?

12. Dependant on what rank you are, if you're a SNCO then the Mess has excellent washing facilities but otherwise I cannot advise you. Just one question do you work in Albert Square as there is an excellent laundrette which everbody uses. Or you can just purchase a washing machine yourself. I am very fortunate as I invested in a magic basket that stays in the corner of my bedroom, all I have to do is put my dirty clothes in the said basket and 2 days later they reappear in my wardrobe all washed and ironed, best investment ever.

13. I once thought that as well - now with 25% of my pension going to clear the back pay on said automatic washing machine I don't agree with you

14. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

I have a magic pixie in my place that hangs up my mess dress after a do.

15. Mine developed a similar fault, hence the temporary issue justnow.