Laugh or cry? You couldnt make it up!!

Correct, one fighter. Actually one Harrier - ground attack aircraft.

Conclusive proof, if it were needed, that this government gives commanders in the field all they need or ask for!!!!!!!!

Sending a pilot with it? Or has that go to go befor a new committee? Bombs/bullets/rockets or does this have to pass the risk assesment from the HSE, better be lead free, think of the enviroment.

Will they send out extra ground crew? or is the present ground crew operating inefficiently and actually having a tea break halfway through the day?

Send another aircraft and make them earn their money!

It's pathetic, we're a member of the Security Council and supposedly a first world military power - while I wouldn't wish further Op Tours on anybody this is what we're reduced to.

I was reading the other day that the Sovs had something like 500 - 650 helicopters in Afghanistan and about 11 Squadrons of ground attack aircraft plus an army of about 100,000.

What have we got - about 2 dozen helicopters, a half dozen fast jets and a reinforced BG?

Well done you politicos for destroying the only organisation that makes Britain proud through your parsimony.

These aircraft aren't doing sorties as a sqn, they provide single a/c cover. Fook me, how many Harriers do you want in support of a platoon level op?

Ah, isn't it time we gave up the seat on the UN security Council ?
UK is no longer a World Military Power and it's time this was admitted.
HM forces punch way above their wieght but the is a limit as to what they can be asked to do.
Politicians see 'The Military" as just another pawn in their plaground if they get broke then so what, who cares, certinly not the great British unwashed who vote only on Mogage rates and other critical matters.
john
One whole Arrier, bet Churchills rotating in his grave, 10,000 RPM +.

1 extra harrier didn't we used to have squadron's of the damm things?? not that the military actually needs more funding and more infantry battalions!! Sorry i forgot we're "stretched not over stretched"

Cynical??

Latest Threads