Latvia and Rail travel

Discussion in 'Travel' started by Kromeriz, Apr 9, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Does anyone have a link to a DECENT website that can help me plan a journey from the Czech Republic to Riga in the summer?

Krom

2. No but when I tipped up to the Train Station in Riga to get to Tallinn they said every other day. The Babushka that sold me the ticket neglected to mention this. It was a long time a go but I found the buses pretty good moving round the Baltics, And I usually avoid Scum Shuttles like the plague. Whereas the Trains are kept as Living Museums to how ******* awful Communism was. Hot Estonian border guard was the highlight of the trip.

Czech Trains are mega, I suspect the best bet is to go into Germany from there use a German Train into Poland. You doing Belarus or Kalingrad?

3. I didn't realise that you were getting remarried - nice of you to invite me to the Stag Party. ;-)

4. Nothing in Kaliningrad worth seeing...

5. There's The Monster. Always wanted to see it.

6. Et voila:

Attached Files:

7. Go to Hendon or Slough if you call that a highlight.

Hot Eastern bloc border guard chicks are a sight to behold though. One on Italian/Yugo border will always be in my memory...midnight, torrential rain storm, check point, her in full uniform with huge cap with blonde hair flowing out and two male guards loving her being there, piles of beer cans, sub machine guns, war over the border......mental... may have been a hooker of course, looked like one, but i wouldnt want to offend any feminists or experts in equal-rights-border-guard-recruitment.

8. And I raise you the Belarusian National Technical University in Minsk, located in the north of the city between the Botanic Gardens and the up-and-coming suburb of Uruchye.

Attached Files:

9. fairfield.jpg
    See you with Fairfield Halls Croydon. Try not be sick driving past it. Trust me its worse in colour.

10. I went to a very good post-Freedom Parade Reception there...

11. Am sure it was very good event.
    Well i was born in Mayday Hospital down the road on May Day so I cant take the piss. Quite an ugly building though. Some much nicer architecture in places around the city.

12. And now to brighten our day, another view of Soviet architecture, which is rather nicer. I give you Independence Square in Minsk, Belarus:

Attached Files: