Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lathes, welder etc

The Stepdaughter has cluttering up her house, now her dad has shuffled off this mortal coil, a Lathe that's hardly been used and all the bits for it, an engine hoist and a Welder (dunno if it's mig or tig tbh)

She's looking at around 2K for the lot.

I'll try and attach pics of the lathe.

IMG-20200916-WA0012.jpg
IMG-20200916-WA0018.jpg

Last edited:
Top marks to your stepdaughter's family for having a metal lathe in the kitchen :)

I know a couple of people who cook so badly they need a lathe or milling machine in the kitchen

Top marks to your stepdaughter's family for having a metal lathe in the kitchen :)
How can you tell it's a metal lathe rather than a wood lathe? Not a wah, I'm assuming it's something to do with the cutting tools or diameters specified but no idea what I'm looking for.

wafubustard

War Hero
It is a metal lathe. I had a quick look at their website.
Warco wm250

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Given me an idea, won’t have to walk so far for a cuppa. :1:

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
How can you tell it's a metal lathe rather than a wood lathe? Not a wah, I'm assuming it's something to do with the cutting tools or diameters specified but no idea what I'm looking for.
Here is an excellent example of a woodturning lathe.
959473E6-739B-4253-A520-46A76E3D8575.jpeg

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
I didn't think you could "Get Wood" at your age?
I can’t, ever since that blasted cancer op, but at least it saved my life.

The toolpost and guard: not fitted to wood lathes. In the old days, D&T would have examples you could look at...

Latest Threads