Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Latest snowflake outrage

It's great when everything works out well.
In her case it always does - today's conversation
Me (being on leave): Shall we have lunch at Wetherspoons to celebrate your results?
Her (job not staring until Friday) Sure, we'll take my car as it at the back on the drive.
Me: What's that beeping?
Her: Er….fuel emergency
Me: sigh...Tesco it is, then....[exit £40 the lighter]...and I paid for lunch...:)

Me (being on leave): Shall we have lunch at Wetherspoons to celebrate your results?
Her (job not staring until Friday) Sure, we'll take my car as it at the back on the drive.
Me: sigh...Tesco it is, then....[exit £40 the lighter]...and I paid for lunch...:)

So, canny, As well as clever.

Manchester University have branded poor old Rudyard Kipling a racist - 'If' is now off the reading list - philistines!

Rudyard Kipling's 'If' poem scrubbed off wall by students who claim he was a 'racist'
Rudyard Kipling's 'If' poem scrubbed off wall by students who claim he was a 'racist'
Lifted from the telegraphs comment section

If you can keep your student loan when all about you
Are spending theirs and claiming it back from you
If you can trust yourself when all your tutors doubt you
But make allowance for their doubting too
If you can drink but not be tired by drinking
Or being lied about, just dry your eyes
Or being hated, don't give way to thinking
And yet don't look too dumb nor talk too wise.......................................

Just thought it was clever.

Manchester University have branded poor old Rudyard Kipling a racist - 'If' is now off the reading list - philistines!

Rudyard Kipling's 'If' poem scrubbed off wall by students who claim he was a 'racist''
Excellent, rub some words off a wall and reclaim history for civil rights activists "oppressed by Kipling", however that works. Not only do such loons seek to perpetuate race wars and tensions - they're a bit late with what looks like an empty gesture. Orwell was on Kipling's case, eons ago.

When we were kids at school and Uni, we could discuss colonialism and slavery without anyone monking out or smashing things in temper. None of this militant hostility and naked hatred. Probably because agitators weren't winding up impressionable kids to advance their agendas. And loony extremists ("Trots" and "right-wingers") were drowned out.

When these idiot students acknowledge that their ancestors collaborated with European and Arab slave traders, then they may gob off and carry on with their token iconoclasm.
The liberation and access officer [what?] at Manchester’s students’ union (SU), blamed a “failure to consult students” during the renovation of the SU building for the Kipling poem being painted on the wall in the first place. “We, as an exec team, believe that Kipling stands for the opposite of liberation, empowerment, and human rights - the things that we, as an SU, stand for”.
...just before fainting from the effects of advanced outrage syndrome. Who fills their heads with this rubbish, could it be visiting external 'educators' charging thousands of pounds to cause trouble and unrest in our Universities?

Young daughters are nothing more than apprentice women - not necessarily apprentice wives.
Daughter, as above, cunningly ensures Dad gets to pay for both the benz and lunch without mentioning the need for the former to reach the latter : a woman's trick.
A wife would have backed her car out first so that you went to lunch in your car, then phoned you when she went out the following day saying her vehicle has broken down and she's sitting at the side of the road somewhere , God knows where, and could you do the decent: that's if she spots that the problem is lack of fuel.

How does this Snowflake thing work? You claim something offends you, or it may offend someone, and you get to dictate what others do and say?

Sounds a bit dystopian to me - the end of individual liberty. For example, what if someone objected to somebody wearing black clothes?

How does this Snowflake thing work? You claim something offends you, or it may offend someone, and you get to dictate what others do and say?

Sounds a bit dystopian to me - the end of individual liberty. For example, what if someone objected to somebody wearing black clothes?
And the thing is they can. They can also identify with whatever sex they want - what a screwed up world we live in!

If you wear something that could be associated with another culture, you'll be accused of 'Cultural Appropriation' as witnessed by the sh1t storm that descended on some poor [white Caucasian] American teenager who chose to wear a Chinese style dress to her school prom.

You couldn't make this sh1t up - and there's the rub. Because you don't know what offence you might cause you cannot avoid it so you are guilty. There is a scene in 1984 where Winston Smith begs to confess, but longs to be told what he needs to confess to. That is where we are going.

- The Washington Post

How could anyone be offended by someone wearing black clothes. ;)

german-ss-black-uniform-3d-model-rigged-obj-pz3-pp2.jpg

If you wear something that could be associated with another culture, you'll be accused of 'Cultural Appropriation' as witnessed by the sh1t storm that descended on some poor [white Caucasian] American teenager who chose to wear a Chinese style dress to her school prom.

You couldn't make this sh1t up - and there's the rub. Because you don't know what offence you might cause you cannot avoid it so you are guilty. There is a scene in 1984 where Winston Smith begs to confess, but longs to be told what he needs to confess to. That is where we are going.

- The Washington Post

The way to fight this is not to apologise for the perceived transgression (the real world equivalent of Winston Smith's confession). an insincere apology is an empty gesture anyway and it's only purpose is to force the transgressor to show humility to the cause, they're very rarely sorry, just trying to calm the waves.

It may cost you in some way but personally I'd not acquiesce to the demands just to keep them happy, it merely legitimises their case & keeps giving them the power to enforce it on others.

You waaasssisst. You can't say that. they are clothes of colour and have been oppressed along with all other different clothes of colour. By singling them out specifically you are drawing attention to the separate (but inferior) status that white clothes have subjected them to for all time.

Washing powder manufacturers it's you I talking to, with your claims to make coloured clothes clean and bright. How dare you assert coloured clothes are dirty and stupid !!!!

The way to fight this is not to apologise for the perceived transgression (the real world equivalent of Winston Smith's confession). an insincere apology is an empty gesture anyway and it's only purpose is to force the transgressor to show humility to the cause, they're very rarely sorry, just trying to calm the waves.

It may cost you in some way but personally I'd not acquiesce to the demands just to keep them happy, it merely legitimises their case & keeps giving them the power to enforce it on others.
I agree and have said on several occasions that I wish politicians etc would just say - I do not apologise for my tweet or what I said because it's true and you all need to grow up. I'm not holding my breath, even Boris had to grovel down after his very perceptive description of certain geographical tendencies in the UK.

Excellent, rub some words off a wall and reclaim history for civil rights activists "oppressed by Kipling", however that works. Not only do such loons seek to perpetuate race wars and tensions - they're a bit late with what looks like an empty gesture. Orwell was on Kipling's case, eons ago.

When we were kids at school and Uni, we could discuss colonialism and slavery without anyone monking out or smashing things in temper. None of this militant hostility and naked hatred. Probably because agitators weren't winding up impressionable kids to advance their agendas. And loony extremists ("Trots" and "right-wingers") were drowned out.

When these idiot students acknowledge that their ancestors collaborated with European and Arab slave traders, then they may gob off and carry on with their token iconoclasm. ...just before fainting from the effects of advanced outrage syndrome. Who fills their heads with this rubbish, could it be visiting external 'educators' charging thousands of pounds to cause trouble and unrest in our Universities?

(from your post)

"The liberation and access officer [what?] at Manchester’s students’ union (SU), blamed a “failure to consult students” during the renovation of the SU building for the Kipling poem being painted on the wall in the first place. “We, as an exec team, believe that Kipling stands for the opposite of liberation, empowerment, and human rights - the things that we, as an SU, stand for”.

The definition of 'Irony' would appear to have been expunged from all course work at Manchestuh.