Latest snowflake outrage

Dread

LE
Enid Blyton falls foul again and has to be reimagined

• The Magic Faraway Tree is being changed by the Tracy Beaker author for 2022
  • The book will still see siblings Milo, Mia and Birdy head to the enchanted wood
  • But comments from magical creatures will see them taught on gender equality
  • Free speech campaigners say it should not be changed to be 'politically correct'

The Magic Faraway Tree has been tweaked by the Tracy Beaker author to make it supposedly fit for the 21st century.

The adventure book will still see siblings Milo, Mia and Birdy head to the enchanted wood and meet Moon-Face, Silky the Fairy and the Saucepan Man.

But comments from the magical creatures mentioning girls helping with domestic chores will see them educated on gender equality

The Magic Faraway Tree, which was first published in 1943, has also been edited to stamp out children adventuring on their own without supervision.

Mrs Wilson has reportedly tried to make the parents similar to today's, where they are anxious about what their youngsters are doing.

Are these two related/same person?
dragons-den.gif
52794705-10390241-image-m-49_1641905028779.jpg

At least one wrote Tracy Beaker (the less feminine of the two).

What about Midget Submarines, we know dwarfs can't hold their breath for long...

Bordon/hants

War Hero
M&S should have told her to grow up.
That's the thing, as per my post about the LGBTQWXYZ 2/6p a pound mob, these days it seems that just one complaint can turn within 24 hours in to a Twatter "trend" with people getting out of their prams about stuff with no connection to them whatsover.

Then the std modern protest playbook comes out and pressure is put on people's employers or threats of boycotts are made etc. etc. and all the other stuff seen in 100's of cases in recent years where say some random comment or costume at a party 20 years previously has led to someone's job or even career ending.

Big firms are risk adverse, so they ride the short storm of moans from people like us who are a dying breed and put out a standard worded on trend statement about how wrong they were, and how down with the kids they now are, a positive spin to placate the mob. then employ someone to look for possible other hurty stuff in the ever expanding eggshells HR dept.

Don't even Google Bridgit the Midget, bet Ray Stevens is rotating in his box as I write this........

Chef

LE
That's the thing, as per my post about the LGBTQWXYZ 2/6p a pound mob, these days it seems that just one complaint can turn within 24 hours in to a Twatter "trend" with people getting out of their prams about stuff with no connection to them whatsover.

Then the std modern protest playbook comes out and pressure is put on people's employers or threats of boycotts are made etc. etc. and all the other stuff seen in 100's of cases in recent years where say some random comment or costume at a party 20 years previously has led to someone's job or even career ending.

Big firms are risk adverse, so they ride the short storm of moans from people like us who are a dying breed and put out a standard worded on trend statement about how wrong they were, and how down with the kids they now are, a positive spin to placate the mob. then employ someone to look for possible other hurty stuff in the ever expanding eggshells HR dept.

Don't even Google Bridgit the Midget, bet Ray Stevens is rotating in his box as I write this........
Ray Stevens is still alive, though the humour vortex that is PC may do for him yet.

I was at a virtual event yesterday, where the Chief People Officer in our company (Head of HR in normal language) was asked ”In response to a report that one in five white-collar Americans are looking to change job, what is the company doing to retain talent”.

The CPO came out with all sorts of bollocks about ensuring diversity and inclusivity among the workforce and the same for the atmosphere in offices. Absolutely nothing about making sure we have compelling products and solutions that customers want to buy, so that we all make money. I don’t go to work so that I can say my colleagues include blacks, Asians and gays. I go to work to earn money.

I don’t say that the CPO’s answers are completely irrelevant, but they’re a long way down my list of what’s important in my job. Given that we’re all remote, and have been for a year and a half now, I neither know nor care if some of the people I work with are 3ft tall, flamboyantly gay, Mongolian, or Sudanese. What I care about is that we aren’t selling 1980s Ford Cortinas if everyone else is selling current models.

Very interesting thread on Twitter by a chap called 'Hazard Harrington' (aye, right), about wokeness is killing Big Tech. Grim.

Arte_et_Marte

ADC
The good news is that anyone who knows their address(es) can pop round and put their windows in, safe in the knowledge that the statue-molesters would agree with the loss of their windows once they know the window-putter-inners believe they are doing the right thing.
Have an excellent, for the words "window-putter-inners."

Gleaming.

TamH70

MIA
Today's Word: Contumacious.
I would have jailed her for spelling her first name in an incorrect and confusing manner.

And the judge for using poncey words like contumacious.

Oh, there IS a God.

Very interesting.

On 16 December 2021 Ms Khan provided the court with a letter which Dr Choudryof the Al-Waqas Medical Centre in Leicester had addressed to concerned parties. In the letter he confirmed that Ms Khan was a patient of the practice, that she was suffering from work related stress and anxiety due to the ongoing litigation with the SRA and that it was continuing to have a profound effect on her mental and psychological well-being and affecting her comprehension and understanding of that litigation. He also stated that she was unlikely to be in a mental state to be able to fully evaluate and comprehend the issues before the court in relation to the contempt applications. Finally, he stated that she was being referred to a private psychiatrist in view of her current mental health condition

Nice try. "My client got caught being a wrong 'un and the stress of the proceedings is making them too mental to have a scoobie what's happening. So, case dismissed coz they're too nutty to try?"

I wonder how the convenient hand injury happened?

For some reason the film The Captive Heart popped into my head (as did Jack Reacher (Zec)) ...

1642211957968.png

(The hand-dressing is explained about 45-50 minutes into the film)

Hairy-boab

Old-Salt
Interesting times in the TV/movie world. Here is a fairly balanced article about Yellowstone, which is the current smash hit on US TV. Never hear of it? There is a reason for that (it is essentially about the white folks doing cowboy stuff):

Yellowstone: the smash-hit TV show that exposed a cultural divide

I suppose like many others, we have been watching a LOT more stuff on youtube, and given up on the social issue brainwashing of e.g. the BBC*. Another very interesting article, highlighting the top creators with with a good quote:

" YouTube trends expert Chris Stokel-Walker said this year's list is interesting because it shows "how stale" YouTube has become. "It strikes me how white and male this whole list is," he said."

I think what we are seeing here is the market re-asserting itself. Change is a-coming, and all this snowflake stuff is surely going to burn out soon. See also Dr. Who and the Oscars.

YouTube rich list: MrBeast was the highest-paid star of 2021

*I found our nine year old watching some shite on CBBC this week. It was all about how kids have the right to feel unoffended etc, how their feelings are important. Like something out of 1984 to find your kids being brainwashed by the TV.

The report states there was a suspicion of dishonesty "with the Firm's busines..."; hence the request for documents.
Seems this lady is likely to be facing further charges(?)

M'Learned friend for the prosecution: '. . . Leicester . . . '

*sits down*

M'Learned friend for the defence: '*bugger* The defence rests'.

The Beak: 'I find that the prosecution have proved their case. You will go to prison for 5 years'.

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer

Latest Threads