Latest snowflake outrage

Chef

LE
Cheer up old boy. We still have these.... I think?

View attachment 630960
And should you have a sore throat
RARE NIGROIDS TIN, - with CONTENTS (Black Throat Sweets with Racist Name)  ? - £7.99 | PicClick UK

I can remember them coming in a small cardboard box.

I was at a virtual event yesterday, where the Chief People Officer in our company (Head of HR in normal language) was asked ”In response to a report that one in five white-collar Americans are looking to change job, what is the company doing to retain talent”.

The CPO came out with all sorts of bollocks about ensuring diversity and inclusivity among the workforce and the same for the atmosphere in offices. Absolutely nothing about making sure we have compelling products and solutions that customers want to buy, so that we all make money. I don’t go to work so that I can say my colleagues include blacks, Asians and gays. I go to work to earn money.

I don’t say that the CPO’s answers are completely irrelevant, but they’re a long way down my list of what’s important in my job. Given that we’re all remote, and have been for a year and a half now, I neither know nor care if some of the people I work with are 3ft tall, flamboyantly gay, Mongolian, or Sudanese. What I care about is that we aren’t selling 1980s Ford Cortinas if everyone else is selling current models.

Is that the one with the faux wood vinyl across the back?
Old man had the 80 Cortina 2.0L S/W in Ghia spec.

Wasn’t that the Mk3 GXL?

My Dad had one. Like any other car of its time, it was rusting, in his case on the front wings, little pockets about the size of a cricket ball just forward of the doors.

I suppose I was about 7 or 8, and this rust was all bubbled up, but hadn’t burst through the paint yet. So I helped it on its way with a screwdriver, poking through the rust to leave a nice hole, as I say about the size of a cricket ball. On both sides :)

I think if I’d been about 5 years older, he would have battered the shit out of me. But aged 7 or 8, you can’t really slap your kid about for being young and stupid :)

Wasn’t that the Mk3 GXL?

My Dad had one. Like any other car of its time, it was rusting, in his case on the front wings, little pockets about the size of a cricket ball just forward of the doors.

I suppose I was about 7 or 8, and this rust was all bubbled up, but hadn’t burst through the paint yet. So I helped it on its way with a screwdriver, poking through the rust to leave a nice hole, as I say about the size of a cricket ball. On both sides :)

I think if I’d been about 5 years older, he would have battered the shit out of me. But aged 7 or 8, you can’t really slap your kid about for being young and stupid :)
don't recall the model - know it was a Ghia, cos of the Ghia and wood bit.
I haven't seen one on the roads for ages - so i suspect they have all rusted away.

This popped up in my media feeds and I thought that excellent fun could be had enumerating the very many reasons that this cinema advert would have the Snowflakes running in tears for the exits. From the opening title "Mbongoland 1879", you know you are in for something very special and never to be repeated.

Londo

LE
This popped up in my media feeds and I thought that excellent fun could be had enumerating the very many reasons that this cinema advert would have the Snowflakes running in tears for the exits. From the opening title "Mbongoland 1879", you know you are in for something very special and never to be repeated.

Howling with laughter :D

endure

GCM

Have you sent the URL to Afua Hirsch? I'm sure she'd appreciate it...

Midget Gem's a form of hate speech

The retro sweets are so moreish you’d have thought they would be the last thing to leave a sour taste in anyone’s mouth.

But Midget Gems have been rebranded ‘Mini Gems’ by Marks & Spencer – after a disability campaigner claimed that their name could offend those with dwarfism.

Dr Erin Pritchard, a lecturer in disability and education, told supermarkets that the term midget was ‘a form of hate speech’. The Liverpool Hope University academic criticised stores, as well as comedians and TV shows, for continuing to use the word

So literally - ONE man complained - and they capitulated.

FML.

Latest Threads