Latest snowflake outrage

Right.

Before I post this let me say I was a student once, at BSc, MSc and PhD level (admittedly in the late 80's, early 90's) so I know that funding can be tight, however, with careful budget management you can live on a student grant / loan as long as you don't take the piss.

I also understand that many students today are funded by student loans from the government and top ups from the Bank of Mum and Dad however if you cannot budget your own way though life at a weekly or monthly level whilst studying then you may want to consider if a degree in Make up from the University of Bumf*ck costing £50k is really what you need to succeed in life.

Partying and buying sh*t you don't need is great if you have the money but don't start whinging to Al Beeb that you can't cope feeding yourself on £15 a week when you're spunking money up the wall on your mobile contract, buying clothes online from "Sluts are Us" or "I'm Cool as F*ck" every five minutes and going out on the piss every night which is what many students do on courses which are of no use what so f*cking ever to their future careers or the country (done mainly because they've been badly advised at their 6th form college or they believe that the country needs yet another graduate in Social Media Studies and Feminist Theory).

However in saying that, the government should increase funding to those courses which are of national interest. STEM subjects are of national importance and will eventually lead to fullfilling careers. Courses in Interpretive Dance and Basket Weaving from the University of Lunn (formerly Lunn Poly) whilst p*ss easy will give you a huge debt which the taxpayer will have to absorb after you can't get a job that pays you more than the loan repayment limt.

Last edited:
Partying and buying sh*t you don't need is great if you have the money but don't start whinging to Al Beeb that you can't cope feeding yourself on £15 a week when you're spunking money up the wall on your mobile contract, buying clothes online from "Sluts are Us" or "I'm Cool as F*ck" every five minutes and going out on the piss every night which is what many students do on courses which are of no use what so f*cking ever to their future careers or the country (done mainly because they've been badly advised at their 6th form college or they believe that the country needs yet another graduate in Social Media Studies and Feminist Theory).
It used to be that students wore army surplus or Oxfam clothing because it was all they could afford, now they wear the expensive camouflage replicas that never saw a storeman because it is the done thing.

TamH70

MIA
It used to be that students wore army surplus or Oxfam clothing because it was all they could afford, now they wear the expensive camouflage replicas that never saw a storeman because it is the done thing.

I am, or was before the first lockdown pissed in my chips, a very mature student, and I still buy army surplus gear, usually boots and waterproofs, but I wouldn't be seen dead spending the amount of money that the idiots you referred to spunk out on fakes, even with designer labels on them.

I have seen smocks costing upwards of three hundred quid with faux-DPM on them and had to stop scratching my head as I have little enough hair left as it is.

bestri10

Old-Salt
Right.

Before I post this let me say I was a student once, at BSc, MSc and PhD level (admittedly in the late 80's, early 90's) so I know that funding can be tight, however, with careful budget management you can live on a student grant / loan as long as you don't take the piss.

I also understand that many students today are funded by student loans from the government and top ups from the Bank of Mum and Dad however if you cannot budget your own way though life at a weekly or monthly level whilst studying then you may want to consider if a degree in Make up from the University of Bumf*ck costing £50k is really what you need to succeed in life.

However in saying that, the government should increase funding to those courses which are of national interest. STEM subjects are of national importance and will eventually lead to fullfilling careers. Courses in Interpretive Dance and Basket Weaving from the University of Lunn (formerly Lunn Poly) whilst p*ss easy will give you a huge debt which the taxpayer will have to absorb after you can't get a job that pays you more than the loan repayment limt.

As someone in their early 20s, i am not a uni student nor have i been, but knowing many people who do go to uni, the majority are even more in debt because they decide to spend their loans on festivals, drugs, drinking day after day, clothes (quite often designer), some have even used loans to help fund holidays abroad and obviously a shit tonne of takeaway foods.
A lot of people who go to uni have this concept that they want to experience uni life and think that this is what uni life is.

Edit: Am i wrong in saying a student loan is supposed to help cover standard living like bills, food etc. And that if you want the rest (social, drinking, clubbing etc.) then get a part time job?

Last edited:

Bordon/hants

Old-Salt
What a total ******* sp*nktrumpet.
Good compo face though, .....maybe we should have a gallery competition of the F***wits that advertise their I.Q. of a potato to the world, in the faint hope of a spot on Kyle or even a few freebie vouchers.

"Too much sauce on my burger", "microscopic piece of meat in my vegan meal", etc. etc.

At least where I live in the sticks it's proper news like "man looks in windows" or "gate left open" FFS.......

Right.

Students of today have lost their touch. Managed to get through uni pretty much perpetually pished with clothes on my back and food in my stomach no bother.

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
feding 5000.jpg

Daz

LE
Students of today have lost their touch. Managed to get through uni pretty much perpetually pished with clothes on my back and food in my stomach no bother.
Not all of them, D1 is now on the third year of her Uni Degree, not once has had to tap us up for cash, or needed to get a part-time job to help fund her studies .....but then again, she's doing an Applied Theology Degree which might explain things :)

Not all of them, D1 is now on the third year of her Uni Degree, not once has had to tap us up for cash, or needed to get a part-time job to help fund her studies .....but then again, she's doing an Applied Theology Degree which might explain things :)

It can be done, our daughter got through her degree and masters all within budget, wasn’t allowed to take a job during her first degree and worked for a year to get enough money together to pay for her masters.

Dread

LE
Right.

Haven't you heard? Maths is racist.

You fascist gammon!

Its good to see that some young people can finance themselves.

Yeah, but no...

Having some crusty unwashed dreadlocked thing that close to me without the protection of clothing at a minimum, NBC suit for preference, is just not going to happen.

The only thing making it an even mildly attractive proposition is the opportunity to set about it with a claw hammer afterwards.

TamH70

MIA
Yeah, but no...

Having some crusty unwashed dreadlocked thing that close to me without the protection of clothing at a minimum, NBC suit for preference, is just not going to happen.

The only thing making it an even mildly attractive proposition is the opportunity to set about it with a claw hammer afterwards.

Saint Peter of the Hammer Walt!

All the free wine and wafers she can handle ?

Latest Threads