Latest snowflake outrage

There's an article in the FT about the latest idiocy of asking for Pawternity Leave if you get a new puppy and people insisting on bringing their pets to work.

World's getting a bit funny now.

A "bit"???

Can I offer you an emotional support duck instead?
View attachment 611793
Prefer this. Come on if you think you are hard enough

2e95e2e961b70c2de17915aa8986f85f.jpg

"So... you accepted an invitation to a gathering at a STEAKHOUSE... and are now bleating that it is not vegan?"
Or the time we organised a leaving party, and some tosspot said 'I can't go to XYZ pub, because I don't drink'
Ok, so what do you suggest for the 25+ of us who DO drink?
Oh, we should do it at a coffee shop

I find it disgusting that modern pubs don't serve soft (non alcoholic) drinks; or even coffee.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
I find it disgusting that modern pubs don't serve soft (non alcoholic) drinks; or even coffee.
I had that with an ex matelot mate of mine, split with Mrs, went into rehab for booze and other substances. Came down to visit kids, asked whether we could meet. I would have just finished shift on the steelworks and be gasping for a beer, suggested a local boozer. "Can't go in there!" I suggested he did not have to drink, just have a J2O or a Coffee..........Offer declined, I purported that perhaps the rehab has not worked and not to push his newfound values on others. Funnily enough not spoken since. It's the old "ex smoker" thing, well done, good for you ,but please don't tell me what to do with my life.

I had that with an ex matelot mate of mine, split with Mrs, went into rehab for booze and other substances. Came down to visit kids, asked whether we could meet. I would have just finished shift on the steelworks and be gasping for a beer, suggested a local boozer. "Can't go in there!" I suggested he did not have to drink, just have a J2O or a Coffee..........Offer declined, I purported that perhaps the rehab has not worked and not to push his newfound values on others. Funnily enough not spoken since. It's the old "ex smoker" thing, well done, good for you ,but please don't tell me what to do with my life.
That's strange, but perhaps understandable. After I gave up the booze, I was a bit nervous of even seeing alcohol about, in case the attraction became too much. But after a year or so, I was quite comfortable in sitting with friends in a bar or restaurant, sipping my coffee while they enjoyed their pints.
I would never think to tell them to drink only non-alcoholic beverages.

That's strange, but perhaps understandable. After I gave up the booze, I was a bit nervous of even seeing alcohol about, in case the attraction became too much. But after a year or so, I was quite comfortable in sitting with friends in a bar or restaurant, sipping my coffee while they enjoyed their pints.
I would never think to tell them to drink only non-alcoholic beverages.
I get it to a point having had my own battles with the drink in the past, one thing i said though was , how do you go shopping, how do you get petrol, go to pizza hut etc. Booze is allover, yes that is part of the problem I am aware. But it's something you just have to get over .

Latest Threads