Latest snowflake outrage

Londo

LE
Why would you let any random bod take a look around your house? They have no more authority than any other member of the public.
I did at my last place . Bloke rang the bell and was polite when speaking to me so I invited in to have a look .
He saw the aerial lead coming through the wall and no telly , didn't pry and after seeing just the one room he thanked me and left .
All the threatening letters then stopped
Everybody was happy .

It's irrelevant what authority they have, since by law you must have a licence and they are just the first step in the process which if you don't satisfy them they will pass up the chain to someone who has the authority.

Why cause yourself more problems and just show them your tv for 5 mins effort ?

The law allows you to not talk to them.

since by law you must have a licence
That's a load of crap for a start. You only need a license if you watch Live TV while it's being broadcast. You can have a hundred TV's in your house if you want and not need a licence.
You don't need a license to watch netflix. amazon prime, dvd's, play a games console etc.

Londo

LE
Of course it has. It gets bleached by the sun while you’re out hunting lions in a mini skirt.
Silly boy.
Or being hunted by lions . Much more realistic :-D
ETA I also made a fundamental mistake . I used the term 'her'

That's a load of crap for a start. You only need a license if you watch Live TV while it's being broadcast. You can have a hundred TV's in your house if you want and not need a licence.
You don't need a license to watch netflix. amazon prime, dvd's, play a games console etc.
I never said you did, I said you needed a licence, which means for doing what the licence allows.

Is that in your best interests though is my point?

Yes, unless you want to justify yourself to every stranger who wants access to your property.

The BBC have done a great job of creating the myth that their TV inspectors are something special. They aren't.

I never said you did, I said you needed a licence, which means for doing what the licence allows.
You never said that at all, you may have thought you said that but you didn't. Instead you suggested you need a licence if you have a TV. I suggest you read back exactly what you posted.

They are obviously there for a purpose, they are not just random strangers.

Do you know them? No? Then they are random strangers.
I'll ask again would you let a debt collector or Sky walk around your property because they suspect something?

More charity-shoots-itself-in-the-foot-in-attempt-not-to-offend-shouty-minorities hi-jinks.
Oxfam has bowed to the transgender lobby by withdrawing a children's bingo game celebrating 'inspirational women' from sale as it i's not in line' with the charity's values. The charity told The Mail on Sunday that they have taken it off their shelves after transgender staff members complained it was 'offensive'. The Wonder Women Bingo game, which sold for £14.99, uses pictures of 48 famous women rather than numbers on cards that are matched with tokens showing the same female figures, including Jane Austen, US civil rights pioneer Rosa Parks, climate-change activist Greta Thunberg and Nobel Peace Prize winner Malala Yousafzai. But in an email last week, Oxfam told staff: 'We have taken the decision to withdraw the product Wonder Women Bingo as it has been brought to our attention that it is not in line with Oxfam's values.'

More charity-shoots-itself-in-the-foot-in-attempt-not-to-offend-shouty-minorities hi-jinks.
Oxfam has bowed to the transgender lobby by withdrawing a children's bingo game celebrating 'inspirational women' from sale as it i's not in line' with the charity's values. The charity told The Mail on Sunday that they have taken it off their shelves after transgender staff members complained it was 'offensive'. The Wonder Women Bingo game, which sold for £14.99, uses pictures of 48 famous women rather than numbers on cards that are matched with tokens showing the same female figures, including Jane Austen, US civil rights pioneer Rosa Parks, climate-change activist Greta Thunberg and Nobel Peace Prize winner Malala Yousafzai. But in an email last week, Oxfam told staff: 'We have taken the decision to withdraw the product Wonder Women Bingo as it has been brought to our attention that it is not in line with Oxfam's values.'
One has to ask themselves - why is it that the only people that are whinge about everything and are offended by everything are the Trans brigade? We never had all these issues before, so why in the last couple of years are these people offended so much? You'd actually think that the reality is that it's just the MSM pushing this narrative - but what's their end goal? Out of all the people I know, I don't know a single person over the years that have changed their opinion on these trans/gay types - everyone I know that hated them before still hates them, and the ones that didn't care much, still don't.

One has to ask themselves - why is it that the only people that are whinge about everything and are offended by everything are the Trans brigade? We never had all these issues before, so why in the last couple of years are these people offended so much? You'd actually think that the reality is that it's just the MSM pushing this narrative - but what's their end goal? Out of all the people I know, I don't know a single person over the years that have changed their opinion on these trans/gay types - everyone I know that hated them before still hates them, and the ones that didn't care much, still don't.
This.
Live and let live. Just don't wave it about (as it were).
Look at me!
"I'm gay/vegan/a born-again Christian/transgender..."
"SO? what is the relevance? Why did you think you had to tell me that?"

5645andym

Old-Salt
... We never had all these issues before, so why in the last couple of years are these people offended so much? You'd actually think that the reality is that it's just the MSM pushing this narrative - but what's their end goal? ...

Perhaps the MSN have realised that outrage sells and that makes them money???

the award is derived solely in merit, as it should be.
Being black and winning an election is an instant Nobel for peace even if you kill way more people than your successor.

In a non too subtle attempt to inflame the situation. S/he sees it as the opening moves in becoming relevant / edgy , moving into the territory formerly occupied by one Ms Sasha Johnson
Ah, I see.

And how did that work out for Ms Johnson?

They are obviously there for a purpose, they are not just random strangers.

Would you let anyone from Capita have a nose around your house?

What about someone from your local takeaway, they're not random strangers either