Latest snowflake outrage

They should go the full hog and ban black peoples songs as well if they want to go down this road. Example:

There are insinuating black people are into black magic - and the song title is Black Magic. I am offended on behalf of all black people, even though I am white and well built and very handsome - I identify as a skinny ugly black guy and this is an insult to my African ancestors that use to kill great apes and use their testicles in some of their rituals.

This is how in my (feeble) mind I identify:
Flash-Info-NG.jpg

Next week I plan on buying one of those hats you get with the propellers on it, and identifying as an attack helicopter - and shall be offended on behalf of helicopters everywhere. If there's any songs I hear about helicopters I expect them to be banned or else I will scream until I vomit, and then you will all be sorry.

Dredd

LE
No photo's? That would have been funny.

Funny how both of these flops were built by the krauts former aircraft industry. That one Heinkel & the other messerschmitt. I used to wonder why there wasn't a Spitfire & then of course Triumph came up with this, which swept the nasty krauts out of the sky sorry "off the road"!

627756.jpg

That's me over & out ....

Did you just say "over and out"? Really?

I am not just offended. I am apoplectic.

TamH70

MIA
Did you just say "over and out"? Really?

I am not just offended. I am apoplectic.

Must have been an occifer, that's their level of Voice Procedure competency, that is.

Dredd

LE
I don’t think he/she deserved over 2 million hate filled posts. It takes courage to come out and do what he did. More courage than probably all the brave souls who posted abuse.

Furthermore, depending on the contents and context of the messages perhaps counter terrorist police was the correct response.

It would be interesting to know how many of the 2 million hate-filled comments originated in the UK.

Must have been an occifer, that's their level of Voice Procedure competency, that is.
Hello Dredd, message for TamH70, over
Dredd, roger, wait, out to you. Hello TamH70, message from KD, over
TamH70, send over
Dredd, wait, out to you. Hello KD, send message , over
KD message is Fück off you silly old twat, over
Dredd roger, out to you, Hello TamH70, message from KD, Fück off you silly old twat
TamH70, roger, out
Dredd Hello KD, message sent, over
KD, roger, out.

TamH70

MIA
TamH70, send over
Dredd roger, out to you, Hello TamH70, message from KD, Fück off you silly old twat
TamH70, roger, out
KD, roger, out.

Touch a nerve I see?

;)

Touch a nerve I see?

;)
Somewhat. I was always pretty happy that my procedure was correct. In fact I had to jump on my R/O a couple of times for his rather cavalier attitude on using correct call signs rather than the bloke's name.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
TamH70, send over
TamH70, roger, out
KD, roger, out.
Many, many years ago, in a galaxy far, far away when we were still paid in pounds, shillings and pence, my then RNR unit was tasked with providing a simple voice comms system at a summer sports and social event held by a very large local company. The idea was to look busy and provide comms across the sports field site as necessary.

It provided a very limited form of training (we were more into wireless training than voice), and I suspect an old boys' network was involved. However, it was a PR and Recruiting opportunity, and it counted as training so we got paid for it. There was the added advantage of eyeing up the available totty as we carried out our vital duties in our fetching No 2 uniforms.

The kit was pretty basic, and each of us was allotted a NATO phonetic alphabet letter with which to communicate with our Control. Mine was Juliet.

I soon saw a couple of very attractive girls in mini-skirts approaching me. With manly voice and adopting a steely pose, I clicked the pressel switch of the voice handset. "Control, this is Juliet, radio check, over."

It worked! The prettiest one caught my eye, smiled coyishly and breathed:

"You make a lovely Juliet!"

They then wiggled on their way, giggling furiously.

Oh, the humiliation, and a lost opportunity. But the procedure was correct.

More from the cancel culture lot, only on this occasion, NASA has told them to do one.

TamH70

MIA
More from the cancel culture lot, only on this occasion, NASA has told them to do one.

The guy they named the telescope after was a twat of the highest order though. Keep the name, just put a bloody big asterisk at the end of it.

The guy they named the telescope after was a twat of the highest order though. Keep the name, just put a bloody big asterisk at the end of it.

I think he was a product of the times.

Saying that though have a look at what he did to advance space exploration.

Jacl

War Hero
NASA has told them to do one.
Rightly so. I like a few million other people with a casual interest in astronomy had never heard the name James Webb before the telescope was named after him. That he was against poofs and lesbians half a century ago is largely irrelevant today, at that time his attitude fitted in with the general population. The world has changed, let's just get on with life.

Homosexual activity was illegal in all 50 US states until 1962 and wasn't completely legal throughout the whole US until 2003. Therefore being gay made you open to blackmail and hence a security risk. And did you want potential security risks working for NASA during the Cold War?

Some real talent to play at the next Blood & Honour gig, what with the Rolling Stones, Bowie, Blue Mink etc. They are sure to put Brutal Attack and No Remose to shame.

I may have mentioned this before. Three black guys doing a cover of a Skrewdriver song. Not their early non-political stuff, but from their later far right years. They have removed the racist lyrics, and replaced with anti-drug dealer lyrics. But I am sure it is still offensive to most of Memphis's black drug dealers.
I wonder what would cause most offence, if I wore a Negro Terror or a Blue Mink t-shirt.

Homosexual activity was illegal in all 50 US states until 1962 and wasn't completely legal throughout the whole US until 2003. Therefore being gay made you open to blackmail and hence a security risk. And did you want potential security risks working for NASA during the Cold War?

Wouldn't it have been easier to just make it legal, get rid of the blackmail angle, and let the Russians know they're going to be bummed to death if the cold war goes hot