Latest snowflake outrage

And SHE was shit, coming last, a way off the second lasts points!
Which begs the question, was the selection of this human for the team down to performance or minority status?

P.S. I've given up using any sort of gendered language when addressing groups of people and now refer to them as "Earthlings". I'm eagerly awaiting the first one to kick off about identifying as coming from a different planet.....

Which begs the question, was the selection of this human for the team down to performance or minority status?

P.S. I've given up using any sort of gendered language when addressing groups of people and now refer to them as "Earthlings". I'm eagerly awaiting the first one to kick off about identifying as coming from a different planet.....

That's David Icke triggered for starters

Mail quote alert/

Skateboarder complains of ‘misgendering’ by commentators.
If you want to be a ‘them’, you shouldn’t be in the women’s competition then, should you?
Indeed - stupid woman.

Who?

Sorry old man, I've been back in Scotland for 2 years now, so a bit out of touch I'm afraid.

However, most kiwis, going on past experience don't care, as long as they/them/she/whatever beat Aussie

You waycist! Are you saying that the Peoples Republic of Scotchland is backward?

I'll jusy say your (NZ) attempts to win at all costs is...... underhanded.

Last edited:

Daz

LE

Close enough for Government work

Sniffer dogs can pick up on 'unconscious bias' of handlers

Sniffer dogs could pick up on their handler's "unconscious bias" if they have prejudiced beliefs, the Prison Service has warned in new guidance.

The 116-page document, published last week for staff, is based on a research study carried out at the University of California, Davis campus - and it warns that dog handlers must be aware of the risk of "unconscious bias" whilst at work.

The research suggests dogs are so good at reading the body language of their handlers, that when he or she is suspicious, the dog will pick up on it.

Dogs are widely used on prison wings and when visitors arrive at jails, and studies have shown their scent powers make them better at detection than the latest high-tech machines.

In the California study, dog handlers were asked to take their dogs around a specially-prepared area to check for explosives.

There were, in fact, no explosives – but some sections had hidden sausages which could have attracted the dogs’ interest, while other sections had red warning signs which could have attracted the handlers’ interest.

The greatest number of false positive alerts – more than 200 of them – was given in the areas with the red warning signs.

This indicates that if a handler holds racist or prejudiced views and generally suspects that black or Asian people are more likely to have forbidden items, their dog will be more likely to get it wrong when indicating suspicions for the same ethnic groups.
'Handler’s beliefs and expectations can have an influence on detection-dog performance'

The Prison Service guidance said: "A study conducted by UC Davis found that handler’s beliefs and expectations can have an influence on detection-dog performance.

"This is particularly significant as it suggests that handlers will need to be aware of issues around unconscious bias.”

The guidance concluded: “Dogs have been deployed by HMPPS for over 50 years, for their abilities to detect illicit items, and as a less lethal use of force asset during serious incidents.

"From a review of available literature, we can determine that dogs are an effective security tool in the fighting and prevention of crime.

'Despite the costs related to feeding, vet care, and training, dog effectiveness studies show dogs deliver excellent value for money.”

Mail quote alert/

If you want to be a ‘them’, you shouldn’t be in the women’s competition then, should you?

There should be an instruction manual - "Hims, Ancient and Modern."

Mail quote alert/

"They/them" was written in small crappy writing on the board with no context of what it meant. How was the man from the Beeb meant to know.

Who wins the belief top trumps? The man who is forced to give up his beliefs or the woman who demands their beliefs are adhered to by everyone else?

Should we just call everyone "arrsehole" as every gender has one and is somewhat fitting?

Mail quote alert/

If it had any real sense it would identify as being a gold medal winner despite coming last.

Yokel

LE
Were you arrested for loitering while your friend was trying on niggly gigglies, or some other reason?

He was self identifying as an invisible exhibitionist and and had his wrinkly old fella out whilst he watched his friend self identify as a women.

"They/them" was written in small crappy writing on the board with no context of what it meant. How was the man from the Beeb meant to know.

Who wins the belief top trumps? The man who is forced to give up his beliefs or the woman who demands their beliefs are adhered to by everyone else?

Should we just call everyone "arrsehole" as every gender has one and is somewhat fitting?

What? Are you saying we should discriminate against people without one?

Chef

LE
Sniffer dogs can pick up on 'unconscious bias' of handlers

Sniffer dogs could pick up on their handler's "unconscious bias" if they have prejudiced beliefs, the Prison Service has warned in new guidance.

The 116-page document, published last week for staff, is based on a research study carried out at the University of California, Davis campus - and it warns that dog handlers must be aware of the risk of "unconscious bias" whilst at work.

The research suggests dogs are so good at reading the body language of their handlers, that when he or she is suspicious, the dog will pick up on it.

Dogs are widely used on prison wings and when visitors arrive at jails, and studies have shown their scent powers make them better at detection than the latest high-tech machines.

In the California study, dog handlers were asked to take their dogs around a specially-prepared area to check for explosives.

There were, in fact, no explosives – but some sections had hidden sausages which could have attracted the dogs’ interest, while other sections had red warning signs which could have attracted the handlers’ interest.

The greatest number of false positive alerts – more than 200 of them – was given in the areas with the red warning signs.

This indicates that if a handler holds racist or prejudiced views and generally suspects that black or Asian people are more likely to have forbidden items, their dog will be more likely to get it wrong when indicating suspicions for the same ethnic groups.
'Handler’s beliefs and expectations can have an influence on detection-dog performance'

The Prison Service guidance said: "A study conducted by UC Davis found that handler’s beliefs and expectations can have an influence on detection-dog performance.

"This is particularly significant as it suggests that handlers will need to be aware of issues around unconscious bias.”

The guidance concluded: “Dogs have been deployed by HMPPS for over 50 years, for their abilities to detect illicit items, and as a less lethal use of force asset during serious incidents.

"From a review of available literature, we can determine that dogs are an effective security tool in the fighting and prevention of crime.

'Despite the costs related to feeding, vet care, and training, dog effectiveness studies show dogs deliver excellent value for money.”
I notice the article doesn't state how many false positives were given by the dogs:

'The greatest number of false positive alerts – more than 200 of them – was given in the areas with the red warning signs.'

So I reckon it was 199 dog positives against 201 for the handlers. Good enough for the agenda.

I watched the whole competition and failed to notice the tiny clues even in the slo-mo close ups. I did, however think “I bet she’s* a dyke”…

*Yeah, I know, however, it was the women’s skateboard event, and no one turned up on a misidentified motorbike demanding to compete…

I watched the whole competition and failed to notice the tiny clues even in the slo-mo close ups. I did, however think “I bet she’s* a dyke”…

*Yeah, I know, however, it was the women’s skateboard event, and no one turned up on a misidentified motorbike demanding to compete…
The DM article says she was ‘wearing a pronoun pin’.

Am I supposed to know (yet alone give a flying fcuk) what that is?

Is it off to the re-education camp again for me?

Before I go are you allowed to call shim/it/thems a pug ugly twat?

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
See my post elsewhere about NOT going along with your isms.
You are a man or a woman.
I'm not going to pretend along with you.
I’m “bored“ about reading about it as well.

The DM article says she was ‘wearing a pronoun pin’.

Am I supposed to know (yet alone give a flying fcuk) what that is?

Is it off to the re-education camp again for me?

Before I go are you allowed to call shim/it/thems a pug ugly twat?
This is a ‘Pronoun pin’:
4274A03D-CDA4-41F5-BD52-38526774F955.jpeg
Beware of this one though:
27E10597-F70E-4D87-90AB-EB115A0D5360.jpeg

It doesn’t mean you’re ‘Warry’, it means that you like pooves, but “no änal intrusions thank you”…
HTH

Latest Threads