Latest snowflake outrage

Are you some sort of racist? What about those farm works in Africa and India that rely on sales of tea for their livelihoods, provision of healthcare and education, and so on?

As for water -what about people who self identify as fish? You are drinking their home.

W C Fields:

“I never drink water because of the disgusting things that fish do in it.”

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
I always associated Snowflakes with Millennials, but it seems old people can be a bit touchy as well
Some woman called Anne Dopson sued her employer after another member of staff wrote a car review in which he describes the Renault Kadjar as comfy wheels for a grandma
well round here lots of old blue rinses smelling of lavender cut about in them , cant see a problem
but Anne got very upset and called it direct discrimanation
so the stroppy stuck up mare stormed out of her £50,000 a year job as sales director at Stag Publications and brought legal proceedings
now let me just repeat 50k a year !!!!!
my missus works very hard in difficult conditions for a quarter of that with peopel who are ill and in distress
the stroppy self entitled mare complained that even though she had three grandchildren, the review had been a dig at my age!!!!!!
at least her Grandchildren will be able to take the mick out of her

Londo

LE
I always associated Snowflakes with Millennials, but it seems old people can be a bit touchy as well
Some woman called Anne Dopson sued her employer after another member of staff wrote a car review in which he describes the Renault Kadjar as comfy wheels for a grandma
well round here lots of old blue rinses smelling of lavender cut about in them , cant see a problem
so the stroppy stuck up mare stormed out of her £50,000 a year job as sales director at Stag Publications and brought legal proceedings
my missus works very hard in difficult conditions for a quarter of that with peopel who are ill and in distress
the stroppy self entitled mare complained that even though she had three grandchildren, the review had been a dig at my age!!!!!!

Heaven help any of her Grandkids that call her 'Nana' then she will go batshit crazy .
The crazy old mare .

Reading the article it seems there were "other issues" too and to be honest the writer was correct in describing her as a grandmother - absolutely evenly balanced lady, chip on both shoulders

The article actually says (my bold)

"But Mrs Dopson’s claim ultimately failed as it was lodged too late and was deemed an ‘isolated’ incident."

"As a result, she resigned in October 2017 and filed a claim for unfair dismissal, wrongful dismissal and age discrimination to the employment tribunal.
Mrs Dopson’s age discrimination claim failed as the tribunal deemed it was an ‘isolated incident’ because it was published over three months before she made her claim, and outside the ‘primary time limit’.
Employment judge Oliver Hyams concluded: ‘Turning to the claim about the reference to Mrs Dopson having used the review vehicle as “comfy wheels for a grandmother”, we accepted that the article was detrimental treatment and that it was less favourable treatment of Mrs Dopson because of her age, i.e. direct discrimination.’

However
, Judge Hyams added: ‘That article was not relied on as part of an accumulation of conduct which, taken together, amounted to a breach of the implied term of trust and confidence.
‘The only thing done by Stag Publications that was in any way wrongful was the way in which Mr Wikner dealt with Mrs Dopson’s grievance.’
Mrs Dopson’s claims of unfair dismissal, wrongful dismissal and age discrimination failed and were dismissed.

So, some clumsy language on the writer's part. A poor handling of the grievance and unless she was on a no-win no fee basis, a mahoosive legal bill and no doubt no job as word will have got round about her very quickly.

Chef

LE

Puts me in mind of the furore when these signs went up near an old folks home:
These elderly crossing signs will make your day

Cue lots of complaints that it was insulting to the elderly and that 'I do lots of physical stuff so this would be more appropriate:
Designers come up with new set of options to replace unloved elderly people  sign | Daily Mail Online

Completely ignoring the fact that the people motorists were being warned about were the slow of foot and balance.

Once again proving that growing old is inescapable but growing wise is optional.

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
Reading the article it seems there were "other issues" too and to be honest the writer was correct in describing her as a grandmother - absolutely evenly balanced lady, chip on both shoulders

I wonder just how much she finally made out of it all.

Using a knife, fork or spoon to eat food, well you're racist then

snip "A chef and food writer has sparked outrage by claiming that knives and forks are racist.
Joshna Maharaj says the practice of teaching children that they shouldn't use their hands at the table is "dripping with the control and shame of colonisation".
She says youngsters should be taught to eat with both utensils and their hands as well as being exposed to different cuisines from an early age"

Are you some sort of racist? What about those farm works in Africa and India that rely on sales of tea for their livelihoods, provision of healthcare and education, and so on?

As for water -what about people who self identify as fish? You are drinking their home.
Not sure why, but that reminded me of the story a few years ago, when a lady was asking if it was appropriate to keep a glass of water but her bed so her husband could wash his todger after their amorous adventures.

Not sure why, but that reminded me of the story a few years ago, when a lady was asking if it was appropriate to keep a glass of water but her bed so her husband could wash his todger after their amorous adventures.
Curtains not good enough then. . . there's posh.

snip "A chef and food writer has sparked outrage by claiming that knives and forks are racist.
Joshna Maharaj says the practice of teaching children that they shouldn't use their hands at the table is "dripping with the control and shame of colonisation".
She says youngsters should be taught to eat with both utensils and their hands as well as being exposed to different cuisines from an early age"
A friends daughter works as a helper in the local primary school. You would be astounded at the number of children that come from well to do homes that cannot use a KFS, and are unable to understand the process Likewise some of same kids cannot construct a coherent sentence.

Extra, extra, read all about it! Little known food 'writer' in self publicity scam!

A friends daughter works as a helper in the local primary school. You would be astounded at the number of children that come from well to do homes that cannot use a KFS, and are unable to understand the process Likewise some of same kids cannot construct a coherent sentence.
My granddaughter struggled when her parents tried teaching her to tie her laces.

Instead of persisting they just buy her velcro strap shoes now. She's 13 and has never learnt to tie her laces. Have a look around the kids shoe sections of stores, there are more and more velcro strap and fewer and fewer lace-up shoes.

Sad, but very believable.

There are some that make it to secondary barely able to read and write. I met a couple of 16 year olds that didn't know their alphabet past 'P' and, as that was 3 years ago, chances are at least one of them is a parent by now ready to repeat the cycle.

An increasing number cannot read an analogue clock as that is no longer seen as important. I haven't met any that aren't toilet trained yet but I'm sure that's only a matter of time, especially if wearing nappies can be claimed to be an educational need caused by COVID.

Latest Threads