Latest snowflake outrage

Actress playing comic book character aimed at teenage boys feels it was too "sexualised".

You don't say? Did you read any of the stories / see any artwork before you took the part?

View attachment 582995View attachment 582996View attachment 582997View attachment 582998View attachment 583000
Happy to take the over-inflated wage for playing the part though.

I'll leave this here ...

1624176494949.png

In fairness you aren’t comparing apples to apples. I’m sure McDonald’s could easily serve a great Wagyu burger with a Bearnaise sauce and trimmings. They just couldn’t do it at the volume, speed and certainly price point that they do now.

Sorry, but in fairness their staff are only expected to follow laid down written instructions/recipes on how to cook the food to MacDonald's requirements. If they did have a bearnaise sauce it would not be made on site but would come in gallon containers or those dreadful plastic packets.

They do not ask how you would like your burger and I very much doubt they would be able to grill my waygu burger the way I like it and to make a bearnaise sauce to accompany it.

I am a reasonable cook and my son is a chef with 20 years experience, working in a variety of hotels and restaurants. I know how commercial kitchens work and I have seen no evidence that MacDonald's staff are anything other than production line workers.

I guess it sounds better than "Fat Midget".
But not as accurate a description.

Fat midget munter is far more accurate, but would probably send her into meltdown and exacerbate her mental health issues.

Boohoo.

Actress playing comic book character aimed at teenage boys feels it was too "sexualised".

You don't say? Did you read any of the stories / see any artwork before you took the part?

View attachment 582995View attachment 582996View attachment 582997View attachment 582998View attachment 583000
In her defence, there was no mention of sexualised female imagery when she read the original fee quote.

Eta: beaten to it by @TAFKA

Last edited:

Tool

LE
But not as accurate a description.

Fat midget munter is far more accurate, but would probably send her into meltdown and exacerbate her mental health issues.

Boohoo.
Even any one of the bolded words would have her weeping into her cornflakes, before taking a carving knife to her forearms or thighs.

Even any one of the bolded words would have her weeping into her cornflakes, before taking a carving knife to her forearms or thighs.
Indeed.

I picture her crying each time she looks in a full length mirror, but then lifts her chin and proudly announces that she's proud to be fat and it's her choice and she's comfortable in her body.

The denying neurotic pig.

Sorry, but in fairness their staff are only expected to follow laid down written instructions/recipes on how to cook the food to MacDonald's requirements. If they did have a bearnaise sauce it would not be made on site but would come in gallon containers or those dreadful plastic packets.

They do not ask how you would like your burger and I very much doubt they would be able to grill my waygu burger the way I like it and to make a bearnaise sauce to accompany it.

I am a reasonable cook and my son is a chef with 20 years experience, working in a variety of hotels and restaurants. I know how commercial kitchens work and I have seen no evidence that MacDonald's staff are anything other than production line workers.

I believe, and am open to correction Rodney, Goutyfrub was saying that McD could produce better grade food, but not without changes to their "format" and pricing.
Agree the producers of McD meals aren't chefs, so trained personnel would need to be employed; and better quality meat used. At the cost of speed and price.

(I understood that eating a burger cooked anything but well done could lead to possible food poisoning, as with any minced beef product?)

I believe, and am open to correction Rodney, Goutyfrub was saying that McD could produce better grade food, but not without changes to their "format" and pricing.
Agree the producers of McD meals aren't chefs, so trained personnel would need to be employed; and better quality meat used. At the cost of speed and price.

(I understood that eating a burger cooked anything but well done could lead to possible food poisoning, as with any minced beef product?)
Maybe they "could" - but then they would not be MacDonalds. MacDonalds as they are can't IMHO. I rest my case.

If a burger is just made from pure minced beef you can cook it how you like... they don't seem to have any problems in the rest of Europe with their steak tartare. Decent beef tastes good raw.

The idea it has to be well doen is a health and safety thing from when you did not know what went into your burger.

Maybe they "could" - but then they would not be MacDonalds. MacDonalds as theyare can INHO. I rest my case.

If a burger is just made from pure minced beef you can cook it how you like... they don't seem to have any problems in the rest of Europe with their steak tartare. Decent beef tastes good raw.

The idea it has to be well doen is a health and safety thing from when you did not know what went into your burger.

INHO?

Of course "...they wouldn't be McDonald's". Their present set up isn't aimed or designed for anything but fast, cheap food.

I know the information is a few months old and views change.

It's not what's added, rather the beef itself that could be problematic.
It was suggested/stated that the "bugs" on beef are resident on the outside flesh, so if the outside is cooked well (seared) there is no problem.
When beef is ground/minced, those bugs become involved with the rest of the meat and could lead to food poisoning.

As for the rest of Europe, raw pork is popular in Germany, so I believe are tapeworms and round worms. :)

INHO?

Of course "...they wouldn't be McDonald's". Their present set up isn't aimed or designed for anything but fast, cheap food.

I know the information is a few months old and views change.

It's not what's added, rather the beef itself that could be problematic.
It was suggested/stated that the "bugs" on beef are resident on the outside flesh, so if the outside is cooked well (seared) there is no problem.
When beef is ground/minced, those bugs become involved with the rest of the meat and could lead to food poisoning.

As for the rest of Europe, raw pork is popular in Germany, so I believe are tapeworms and round worms. :)

Oops - should have been IMHO. Edited for fumble fingers.

I've been eating raw beef and rare steaks for years (not pork though). Never had a problem. Not going to stop now. Life is too short for me to worry about "could" and "might" lead to food poisoning.

I don't eat stuff from takeaways or fast food joints so that will probably cut down the risk of any food posioning.

Anyway, I'm off to enjoy the rest of father's day...