Latest snowflake outrage

according to the 2011 Census

See the flaw there, most will not have filled in it.
I am in a shared house at present and out of six people (five EU Nationals) guess who is the only one to have filled it in this time?
They're not alone though, are they @jarrod248 ?

Snowy.

On ROPS
On ROPs
Aaah, you possibly mean a non co-operative sector of the population that presently resist being vaccinated, and generally view any interaction with the law as a personal racist intrusion on their ‘rights’?

I'm fully vaxxed and I didn't fill it in... dont know if the missus did.. but then she is useless on computers so would have got me to help...

I appreciate my thinking is simplistic (and probably borderline insulting) but I can’t help feel that there’s a chance wokism will backfire.

I made a similar point a few weeks back about Woke fatigue whereby it gets (more) ridiculous.

I'm hoping the realisation that unqualified and inexperienced people of colour aren't entitled to jobs (unless you're in the public sector, then you probably are) will be tested over and over in tribunals. Companies taken to court for not employing Ms Average-Mbongo instead of Ms Exception-Carruthers, will get better and better at dismantling ridiculous claims and will seek financial retribution for the trouble.

Daz

LE
I'm fully vaxxed and I didn't fill it in... dont know if the missus did.. but then she is useless on computers so would have got me to help...
Shame they sent you and every other household a paper copy then

Finally voice of reason from a fit milf albeit former First Lady of France

6DFACB62-855B-480E-822F-545EE5D5C286.jpeg
F65A5AAA-2E39-4238-AB20-7A82C0911870.png

I had a thought this morning about the rise in wokism and ”racism” being the default answer to anything that prevents people doing what they want. Won’t this just result in black people becoming less employable because they have fewer useful skills?

If a white person fails to get a job, it’s probably because they don‘t have the required skills or attitude. The only way to rectify this is to improve themselves and get more / better skills. The individual has to change.

If a black person fails to get a job, they can just blame racism. This means they don’t have to worry about improving themselves, they can just raise a complaint and expect the employer to change. The individual doesn’t have to change.

This means that there is pressure on white people to get better. That pressure is absent on black people.

This means, as time progresses, white workers will become superior to black workers as white workers will have had no choice but to obtain better skills, whilst black staff will have a choice to blame racism, negating the need to get better skills.

This will result in a lower career ceiling for blacks, who will have felt less personal pressure to develop the skills needed by the highest level jobs .

I appreciate my thinking is simplistic (and probably borderline insulting) but I can’t help feel that there’s a chance wokism will backfire.
There is a youtube video of a debate a couple of years ago, on one side you had Stephen Fry and Jordan Peterson (a combination that worked remarkably well) and on the other side Rev Michael Dyson and some female who managed to say not a lot.

At one point in the discussion Dyson was explaining how "his" people had been slaves for so long and then suddenly became free. The problem as he explained it was that they didn't know how to be free, when they had been slaves they had no responsibility other than do what they were told, but now they had to fend for themselves.

This, in his opinion, was the cause of so much of the problems around poverty etc, the majority of the freed slaves did not have the knowledge or work ethic to get on with life. I've heard similar descriptions around Russia after the Glasnost years (and to a certain extent ex-servicemen struggling with civvy life), where the state was responsible for everything but now ordinary people had to think and do for themselves, but I never thought I would hear the problems of race in the US being blamed on people NOT being slaves.

Londo

LE
A good friend of mine, who is very widely read and knows lots about stuff, told me some years back that apparently a large proportion of the UK population counts on winning the lottery as part of their "financial planning" and retirement planning...
I very nearly did , just after it started .
As they say a near miss is as good as a mile .
Never done it since .

Londo

LE

Gabion Groyne

Old-Salt
Finally voice of reason from a fit milf albeit former First Lady of France

View attachment 566954View attachment 566955
The lady doth speak some sense and has thought long and hard about what she has said. It's not a drunken, overnight rant.

Typically French, there's no similar personality over here would come out with that, but they do seem to admire people (she's above 'sleb' status) who do. The nearest is Lozza and he's overdone it somewhat.

There is a youtube video of a debate a couple of years ago, on one side you had Stephen Fry and Jordan Peterson (a combination that worked remarkably well) and on the other side Rev Michael Dyson and some female who managed to say not a lot.

At one point in the discussion Dyson was explaining how "his" people had been slaves for so long and then suddenly became free. The problem as he explained it was that they didn't know how to be free, when they had been slaves they had no responsibility other than do what they were told, but now they had to fend for themselves.

This, in his opinion, was the cause of so much of the problems around poverty etc, the majority of the freed slaves did not have the knowledge or work ethic to get on with life. I've heard similar descriptions around Russia after the Glasnost years (and to a certain extent ex-servicemen struggling with civvy life), where the state was responsible for everything but now ordinary people had to think and do for themselves, but I never thought I would hear the problems of race in the US being blamed on people NOT being slaves.

Probably a decent enough argument but only for about 10 years after the abolishment of slavery. What about the other 146 years?

according to the 2011 Census

See the flaw there, most will not have filled in it.
I am in a shared house at present and out of six people (five EU Nationals) guess who is the only one to have filled it in this time?
And if 100% of the 3.3% had not reported they would still be a minuscule percentage of the UK population, and even more uncooperative.

Looks like the incident occurred out of school (the tweets were, according to staff ‘inaccurate’), Staff dealt with the fallout that came into school appropriately, kids apologise to each other, normal jogging continues. Ah, but wait, that won’t sell papers will it?

“While there are inaccuracies in the social media posts, they relate to two isolated incidents that started online and outside of the school at separate times.

“Investigations were immediately opened as soon as the offensive behaviour was brought to our attention. The students at fault in both incidents have since apologised and been appropriately disciplined for their actions.
Disciplined for having an opinion and thinking for themselves. Jesus wept.

Probably a decent enough argument but only for about 10 years after the abolishment of slavery. What about the other 146 years?
Dunno, maybe they were still waiting for the training materials to arrive.....

Latest Threads