Latest snowflake outrage

philc

LE
"She argued that her fellow students should be shielded from unwanted references to a number of subjects:

• animal abuse
  • racism
  • sexual abuse and harassment
  • suicide
  • drug and alcohol abuse
  • ableism
  • homophobia
  • transphobia"
The simple solution would be to do a proper subject in the first place. For those unwilling or unable to do so they could just grow the **** up and accept that there are some unpleasant things in the world.

Unless this is a way of highlighting interesting books like the old "This programme contains scenes of nudity" warnings on telly that meant it might be worth watching.

If they cant or wont study the above list how will they be able to form opinions on subjects that may included the above, Oscar Wilde, 1st WW Poets, Shelly, Slavery, I could go on, many subject's included the issues to under stand the hows & whys.

Ridiculous people.

1617817941808.png

If they cant or wont study the above list how will they be able to form opinions on subjects that may included the above, Oscar Wilde, 1st WW Poets, Shelly, Slavery, I could go on, many subject's included the issues to under stand the hows & whys.

Ridiculous people.
“This terms play is “Titus Andronicus” why don’t you all just **** off now”

Some Mothers's do Have them now carries a warning because in one episode Frank Spenser gets called a poof.

Kinds Hearts and Coronets also carried a warning yesterday about outdated attitudes
Getting sick & tired of "the following programme contains violence/sex/offensive language" etc.
That's why there's an off switch & soft t*ats who are offended shouldn't be watching it anyway.

Niamac

GCM
And so the decline continues to wend inexorably towards the loss of reputation, status and (when it is too late to realise), income . . .

Thread drift on

Old medic story. It's the anatomy lecture on reproductive organs and the reader was waxing forth on the large size of male organs in certain pacific islands. He must have overdone it for two woman students eventually got up in high dudgeon and made to leave.

As they got to the lecture room door the lecturer remarked;

"No need to hurry ladies; the boat doesn't leave 'til Tuesday."

Don't think he would last long these days.

Thread drift off

Yokel

LE
But that would discriminate against those that identify as lazy bastards.

No problem then. Nobody self identifies as a lazy bastard, it is one of those personal qualities that others recognise. However, it is an unpleasant fact of life that the diligent but terminally dim pose a far more serious problem for many of us.

Diligent + dim + lack of integrity = menace.

Last edited:
Getting sick & tired of "the following programme contains violence/sex/offensive language" etc.
That's why there's an off switch & soft t*ats who are offended shouldn't be watching it anyway.

I use as a barometer of is something worth watching, just like the Channel 4 warning triangle used to be

I wouldn't have bothered watching The Camomile Lawn had I not be given the big FO hint about nudity by their warning....

Dredd

LE
No problem then. Nobody self identifies as a lazy bastard, it is one of those personal qualities that others recognise. However, it is an unpleasant fact of life that the diligent but terminally dim pose a far more serious problem for many of us.

I do.

"She argued that her fellow students should be shielded from unwanted references to a number of subjects:

• animal abuse
  • racism
  • sexual abuse and harassment
  • suicide
  • drug and alcohol abuse
  • ableism
  • homophobia
  • transphobia"
So what exactly does the student union offer these days? As I never went to Uni I was always under the impression that it was reliant on drug and alcohol fueled hedonism...

Or was that just the junior ranks bars?

oldnotbold

War Hero
So what exactly does the student union offer these days? As I never went to Uni I was always under the impression that it was reliant on drug and alcohol fueled hedonism...

Or was that just the junior ranks bars?
The main bar at my old student union - famed for its smoky and alcohol-filled atmosphere - is now a cyber cafe

Latest Threads