Latest snowflake outrage

People Eating Tasty Animals seems to offend them for some strange reason
1617802264213.png

I'm going to stop speaking and otherwise interacting with the rest of the human race in case somebody takes it the wrong way and has a really bad day. The guilt would scar me for life.

And so the decline continues to wend inexorably towards the loss of reputation, status and (when it is too late to realise), income . . .

Thankfully:
The university said it was aware that the motion had been passed.

“This is being reviewed but is still in very early-stage discussions and no decisions have been made at this stage,” a spokeswoman said.

"She argued that her fellow students should be shielded from unwanted references to a number of subjects:

• animal abuse
  • racism
  • sexual abuse and harassment
  • suicide
  • drug and alcohol abuse
  • ableism
  • homophobia
  • transphobia"
The simple solution would be to do a proper subject in the first place. For those unwilling or unable to do so they could just grow the **** up and accept that there are some unpleasant things in the world.

Unless this is a way of highlighting interesting books like the old "This programme contains scenes of nudity" warnings on telly that meant it might be worth watching.
When mush_lass was at (red) Essex the Student Union voted on two motions at the only SU meeting she attended:
  • To insist that the Natural History syllabus presented a fair depiction of homosexuality in animals. Any objections that with very very few examples, there was no homosexuality in animals was brushed aside with "just because it's not been found yet doesn't mean it doesn't exist"
  • To deny David Attenborough a speaking platform at the University due to his collusion in the 'obviously' fake segment broadcast on Life on Earth promoting chimpanzees as cannibalistic carnivores

• To insist that the Natural History syllabus presented a fair depiction of homosexuality in animals. Any objections that with very very few examples, there was no homosexuality in animals was brushed aside with "just because it's not been found yet doesn't mean it doesn't exist"
On that one the hippies were right, even if for the wrong reasons. Animal homosexuality has been observed plenty of times, there are whole books about it. Chimps are nasty bastards though.

And so the decline continues to wend inexorably towards the loss of reputation, status and (when it is too late to realise), income . . .

May I suggest a trigger warning along the lines of; "If you don't attend lectures, you will fail this course"?

1617804738750.png

Some years ago, I worked for Huntingdon Life Sciences, at the point where the company was under the cosh from SHAC, ALF, etc.

In due course, the High Court granted an injunction laying out rules regarding assembly for the purpose of protest, numbers, distance from the gate etc.

Police popped into the office and said, 'Look. you've got copies of the full injunction posted on the wire, telephone poles, etc but the bugg . . . citizens can always claim that they were unaware of same. Grab some copies, offer them out and then read out the contents whilst an officer is stood by. That way we are belt and braces when we nick the scruff . . . citizens'.

'Good thinking', thinks I.

Anyhoo, come the afternoon and I trot out to face the whey-faced scrotes and go through my script.

One of the harridans is giving it big licks - 'Murderer! Paedo!'-in my face. I happened to notice that the placard she was carrying read words to the effect that 'What sort of Christmas will these animals face?!'

Before I could stop myself, I muttered loud enough to be heard, 'Never realised that kittens adhered to a Judeo/Christian school of thought'.

. . . suffice it to say that such was the public meltdown, said harridan was lifted on a Public Order offence followed by a trip to Bury St Edmunds Custody Suite.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
I'm going to stop speaking and otherwise interacting with the rest of the human race in case somebody takes it the wrong way and has a really bad day. The guilt would scar me for life.
Tell them that their offence causing you deep scarring guilt is a major microaggression of a greater import than a temporary feeling of offence, and that the lawyer provided by your Marxist union is a transperson of colour, who will be representing you in court for the upcoming compensation case.

I'm currently introducing some members of Campaign Against The Arms Trade to Hickock 45 videos, it's going rather well I think.
He does some great videos. "Heck, let's blast anther bowling pin, hee hee." He did one with a No4 which was good - something along the lines of "Those Limeys sure know how to build a rifle".

On that one the hippies were right, even if for the wrong reasons. Animal homosexuality has been observed plenty of times, there are whole books about it. Chimps are nasty bastards though.
ISTR that British Antarctic explorers (Scotts expedition?) surpressed observations of penguin behaviour whereby male penguins persistently tried to mate with the corpse of a female penguin.

ETA question mark.

The National Trust is starting where it left off...

Last edited:

tgo

War Hero
Students don't know nothing, that's why they're still at school.

This is true, however in days of yore, most of use left school at 16 and found jobs in the real world, some didn't , some joined 6th form, or went to college, a very small % would go to University.

Fast forward post Blair, and now it's completely reversed, very few join the real world at 16, most will now go to College, and a high % (compared to previously) will go on to Uni, so now you have a generation of entitled debt ridden adult babies, many with a degree that's effectively useless because now everyone has got one, who have been indoctrinated by Marxist lefty teachers for the best part of 18-20 yrs.

I'm quite glad I'm the age I am, because the future isn't bright now, and we're still seeing the thin end of the wedge.

Thankfully:
The university said it was aware that the motion had been passed.

“This is being reviewed but is still in very early-stage discussions and no decisions have been made at this stage,” a spokeswoman said.

"A spokewoman" !!!, did they just assume their gender, have they issued a trigger warning about that micro aggression yet?