Latest snowflake outrage

How old does one have to be to be considered a grumpy old chap ?
Post puberty.
Snow is falling heavily in London at the moment:
View attachment 339342
Organisers of the People's Vote march say Brexit is "not a done deal" and people must "make their voices heard".

Meanwhile, hundreds attended a pro-Brexit counter-protest.

View attachment 339343

My immediate reaction?
Fvck off Baldrick
Where can I get a top like the one the black guy is wearing? I feel like that most days.

The BBC News is almost on a continuous loop reporting this. I’ve lost count of the number of times they’ve shown ‘highlights’ of speeches from Sir Vince Cable and Caroline Lucas. If that’s the best they can do, I’m still happy with my decision.
They accuse those on the Brexit side of lying and yet their* latest wheeze is to suggest a majority (53%) of the country now wants to stay in the EU! HTF do they know that? Has there been another referendum and I missed it?

*Eloise Todd, CEO of Best for Britain states “what we absolutely need is a people’s vote”. Sorry, what was that a couple of years back then. :?
BBC were timorous enough to report that at one-stage elements of the crowd were chanting '' Wheres Jeremy Corbyn'' is his star in decline?

I think there is some sort of demo in London every weekend, so this crowd is no big deal - probably be something about Badgers next week, same people.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Brexit is screwed as Gina (Miller) is demanding stuff again:

'She said: "Together we must stand up, demand our voices are heard, demand a people's vote so that future generations can hear us say we did our bit we stood up and shouted for a country that's together, kinder, tolerant. . . .'

Marchers demand final Brexit deal vote

The minx.
Some twat is going to put her up for a Damehood, and she will get it! FFS. "Demand" "Shout". Then go on to claim she wants a together, kinder, tolerant country!!! She should try practicing these first!

The BBC News is almost on a continuous loop reporting this. I’ve lost count of the number of times they’ve shown ‘highlights’ of speeches from Sir Vince Cable and Caroline Lucas. If that’s the best they can do, I’m still happy with my decision.
They accuse those on the Brexit side of lying and yet their* latest wheeze is to suggest a majority (53%) of the country now wants to stay in the EU! HTF do they know that? Has there been another referendum and I missed it?

*Eloise Todd, CEO of Best for Britain states “what we absolutely need is a people’s vote”. Sorry, what was that a couple of years back then. :?
That 53% was a figure that ITV were using on Friday after a poll for their breakfast programme.
Survation (a polling company) conducted online with a sample of 1022 UK Adults aged 18+.
Fieldwork from 19 – 20 June 2018. All the facts and figures below!
Brexit Vote Two Years On – Survation for Good Morning Britain

Channel Four had some Anti Brexit youth on earlier.I wasn't really listening to the item.They brought in a pro Brexit bloke via sat link.Pro bloke was cut off mid interview due to "technical difficulties"
A conspiracy obviously.

Why is Clay Pigeon shooting tolerated, the cultural misappropriation must be horrendous, can you not feel their pain and humiliation.

That 53% was a figure that ITV were using on Friday after a poll for their breakfast programme.
Survation (a polling company) conducted online with a sample of 1022 UK Adults aged 18+.
Fieldwork from 19 – 20 June 2018. All the facts and figures below!
Brexit Vote Two Years On – Survation for Good Morning Britain

Channel Four had some Anti Brexit youth on earlier.I wasn't really listening to the item.They brought in a pro Brexit bloke via sat link.Pro bloke was cut off mid interview due to "technical difficulties"
A conspiracy obviously.
. . . which, like the vast majority of polls, tells us one thing and one thing only: the intentions or perceptions of those polled.

To extrapolate a National view from such a miniscule data set is risible.

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
Brexit is screwed as Gina (Miller) is demanding stuff again:

'She said: "Together we must stand up, demand our voices are heard, demand a people's vote so that future generations can hear us say we did our bit we stood up and shouted for a country that's together, kinder, tolerant. . . .'

Marchers demand final Brexit deal vote

The minx.
It's wonderful how these immigrants think of this country as their own.

seaweed

LE
Book Reviewer

Their best of late is the BBC insinuating that the Windrush generation was 'those that built Britain' This was mentioned a few times on phone-ins and the program commentator; I almost started to think that it was the Windrush folk that had stormed the Normandy beaches, and not Brits and our allies.

Their best of late is the BBC insinuating that the Windrush generation was 'those that built Britain' This was mentioned a few times on phone-ins and the program commentator; I almost started to think that it was the Windrush folk that had stormed the Normandy beaches, and not Brits and our allies.
Isambard Kingdom Brunel came from Kingston, Jamaica*.
It's obvious by his funny foreign stylee name innit.

*Allegedly...

Has anyone bothered to work out, I dare to say the back of a fag packet, what the political, social, moral and constitutional fall out will be if Brexit is derailed and destroyed? Can anyone think out what the political fallout will be?

. . . which, like the vast majority of polls, tells us one thing and one thing only: the intentions or perceptions of those polled.

To extrapolate a National view from such a miniscule data set is risible.
No sorry it's not.

It depends on two things:

1. Accepting there's a margin of error

2. Being REALLY good at getting a truly random sample.

If you're happy to accept 95% confidence level, for example, your sample size (for a population over about 100,00 (IIRC)) need only be 385.

Has anyone bothered to work out, I dare to say the back of a fag packet, what the political, social, moral and constitutional fall out will be if Brexit is derailed and destroyed? Can anyone think out what the political fallout will be?
Painful for those who made it happen.

Very painful.