Latest snowflake outrage

Rodney2q said:
I really can't imagine what life must be like for some of these people who think all this stuff is so important.

I mean, I have to work for a living, pay my bills, go shopping, maintain my house and garden, spend time with my family, keep myself fit and generally make the best of it.

What do these woke people do all day apart from whine and complain?

Or if its a former woman, their new "bits" :)
'WomXn' Don't be so offensive!!!

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
My immediate thought on slavery reparations is, “What about ’black’ descendants of white slave owners?”

As we know, the slave owners weren’t always fussy about where they dipped their wicks. As the resulting offspring (and their descendants) may have benefitted from the wealth / education / privilege paid for by the blood of slaves, does this mean they have to apologise to themselves then transfer lots of money from themselves to themselves?

My next thought is, “What about black people who have benefitted from slavery?”.

Many black people have inadvertently benefitted from slavery, such as via the superior UK education system built on Victorian foundations which were enabled (in part) by slavery. Should be made to recognise and admit their privilege and cough up reparations? If the current generation of white Brits should be considered “guilty” despite never owning slaves, surely black Brits should also be “guilty” despite never owning slaves?

Genetic mingling, financial mingling and time means there is no longer any unambiguous link between those who suffered and those who haven’t benefitted in the modern world. For example, without the money from slaves, the Industrial Revolution would not have advanced so quickly, meaning the wealth generated for superior western education wouldn’t be here, meaning medicine (for example) wouldn’t be so advanced, meaning more people all across the world (including blacks) would die early without achieving their potential, meaning more suffering. Most people alive today, across the whole world, benefit from past slavery. So shouldn’t everyone have to pay reparations?

Or am I missing the point and that all the bullplop spouted by the woke is more about wanting control over others, using the suffering of others to legitimise their slavering lust for control over others?
And just imagine what state Liverpool would be in without the historical slave trade.
It would never have become the great trading port and home to so many great and wonderful, oh hang on.

WightMivvi

War Hero
And just imagine what state Liverpool would be in without the historical slave trade.
It would never have become the great trading port and home to so many great and wonderful, oh hang on.
When my brother joined the Merchant Navy as a teenager, my dad (an RN CPO) had a quiet chat with him on what to expect from being cooped up in a tin can thousands of miles from anywhere.

”You’ll be working with people from all different backgrounds including queers and scousers. You can trust the queers...”

I was told that was on the ops room wall at Hereford along with "Train hard, fight easy" (Marshal Zukov).
That is much older than Zhukov. The original translation was something like "It is better to sweat on the training-grounds than to bleed on the battlefield" and was said by Alexander Vasilyevich Suvorov, an eighteenth-century Russian military leader, as an explanation for his training methods.

That is much older than Zhukov. The original translation was something like "It is better to sweat on the training-grounds than to bleed on the battlefield" and was said by Alexander Vasilyevich Suvorov, an eighteenth-century Russian military leader, as an explanation for his training methods.
And probably some Greek or Roman Commander before that.

ex_colonial

On ROPS
On ROPs

this is Seuss response ..

1614947300066.png

I had completely forgotten it was Suvorov. Well reminded. I like Train Hard, Fight Easy in the Hereford Training Wing version.
I thought that quote was in the Hereford Ops Room (from your earlier post) but now it is also in the Hereford Trg Wing?

Can you clarify please without giving away any PERSEC?

We are quite keen on exactness here.

I also wrote it on the wall of The Boathouse..
FFS this is the Int Cell not the NAAFI Bar!

Anyway, the boathouse says 'Paddle Hard, Fight Easy'.

jrwlynch

LE
Book Reviewer
And probably some Greek or Roman Commander before that.

It was, I think, Flavius Josephus who wrote of the Roman military that "Their exercises are bloodless battles, and their battles blood-stained drills."

Latest Threads