Latest snowflake outrage

I'm watching Bridge of Spies on Film4 at the mo. The ad break has just informed me that Monday next is 'International Women's Day'.

We've just had Black History Month, LGBT Month, Veganuary, etc, etc,

I am therefore declaring March 'P1ss off and leave me alone to drink beer, eat meat curry and fart a lot Month'
And Play with my Bollocks

Sunday, 14 March
Steak and Blowjob Day 2021

1614778566396.png

After some thought have posted this item here. Is this more to do with the 'Super Thursday' in May elections? ie Lab and Greens after the BAME and student vote in the 'Super Thursday' May elections. 1/2 BAME Lab elected mayor has had a few problems during his time and is the huge student vote disrupted by the Coved uni situation?

After some thought have posted this item here. Is this more to do with the 'Super Thursday' in May elections? ie Lab and Greens after the BAME and student vote in the 'Super Thursday' May elections. 1/2 BAME Lab elected mayor has had a few problems during his time and is the huge student vote disrupted by the Coved uni situation?

Let me see if I've understood you correctly. The Bristol council passes a reparations vote and will now write to Parliament recommending that monies be paid by people who never owned slaves to people who never were slaves as an apology and recompense for a distant ancestor of theirs 200 years ago who might have been enslaved. That's doing my nut in, that is. That's madness.

tgo

War Hero
Let me see if I've understood you correctly. The Bristol council passes a reparations vote and will now write to Parliament recommending that monies be paid by people who never owned slaves to people who never were slaves as an apology and recompense for a distant ancestor of theirs 200 years ago who might have been enslaved. That's doing my nut in, that is. That's madness.
No. This is Sparta! Bristol!

Correct, as stated I think this has more to do with buying votes in May than anything else. How people this stupid get voted to public office is beyond me, so folk with roots in Poland, Hungary, Czech and all points East plus Asian, Chinese and Arab will have to cough up their hard earned wonga for a few Afro Caribs?

So this bloke from Bristol called Colston sends ships to West Africa to buy African prisoners of war, who would otherwise have been slaughtered as having no value, and transports them out of the danger zone. That man was a bally hero and deserves a statue. And obviously the descendants of the Africans that he saved should pay us as without him they literally wouldn't be alive today.

But the council will have been seen "to be doing something". Then when Westminster (hopefully) says no, the council can say, "We tried our best, but those bullies blocked our suggestion, so it's not our fault".

Correct, as stated I think this has more to do with buying votes in May than anything else. How people this stupid get voted to public office is beyond me, so folk with roots in Poland, Hungary, Czech and all points East plus Asian, Chinese and Arab will have to cough up their hard earned wonga for a few Afro Caribs?
Not necessarily. It actually looks like a sensible thing if you're trying to get more votes from the outrage mob. According to the article -
Ms Lake said: "Reparations is not a paycheque for the descendants of people who were enslaved, it is a process outlined by the UN which looks for holistic repair. This can include public apologies, social justice initiatives, education or cultural projects, commemorative ceremonies, affirmative action and much more."

I'm all for that sort of reparations if it shuts them up and doesn't cost anything. "Slavery happened, we're sorry, now piss off and leave those statues alone".

Not necessarily. It actually looks like a sensible thing if you're trying to get more votes from the outrage mob. According to the article -
Ms Lake said: "Reparations is not a paycheque for the descendants of people who were enslaved, it is a process outlined by the UN which looks for holistic repair. This can include public apologies, social justice initiatives, education or cultural projects, commemorative ceremonies, affirmative action and much more."

I'm all for that sort of reparations if it shuts them up and doesn't cost anything. "Slavery happened, we're sorry, now piss off and leave those statues alone".

Methinks even those will come at some cost.

Hi, have you been enslaved recently and it's not your fault?

You could be entitled to some "rispek innit" and compensation!

Call 0800-LET-MY-PEOPLE-GO and talk to one of our associates!

Don't delay! Call today!

And this is where it is bollocks - money has been thrown at inner city projects and "social justice initiatives, education or cultural projects, commemorative ceremonies, affirmative action" for decades, since I was a kid, and the shit areas always stay shit areas. The only time I've seen a desperately poor area improve is when students and artists etc... move in because it's all they can afford and then very slowly the place becomes 'cool', then it starts to gentrify and then ends up like Hoxton - and even that's a stretch to say it's a nice place.

The money has been there - what it needs is a cultural change at the bottom. Promoting proper parenting, secure families would solve a million times more issues than a single penny in reparations.

Latest Threads