Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Latest snowflake outrage

Shropshire gritters.jpg

different Countries, different attitudes.
I don't care who provides the voice for Dr. Hibbert on the Simpsons - it's just a cartoon after all, but Anne Boleyn wasn't black and to pretend that she was and cast "a person of colour" to play her in a movie is just wrong. If the moviemaker can't get that bit right, then it doesn't speak very well about the accuracy of the rest of the story. {They do know that Anne Boleyn had her head chopped off at the pleasure of the king, right?}

I don't care who provides the voice for Dr. Hibbert on the Simpsons - it's just a cartoon after all, but Anne Boleyn wasn't black and to pretend that she was and cast "a person of colour" to play her in a movie is just wrong. If the moviemaker can't get that bit right, then it doesn't speak very well about the accuracy of the rest of the story. {They do know that Anne Boleyn had her head chopped off at the pleasure of the king, right?}

It's a bit sexist to assume that Anne Boleyn was a woman too, shouldn't they have got a black bloke to play the part

I don't really care who plays what.
The object of acting is to entertain and tell a story and suspend reality.
I would rather that someone is chosen to play a part because of ability and not as a political statement however.

I don't really care who plays what.
The object of acting is to entertain and tell a story and suspend reality.
I would rather that someone is chosen to play a part because of ability and not as a political statement however.

Talking of political statements, I wonder if Henry will have to take the knee to Anne Boleyn

And which Queen will Lewis Hamilton being playing?