Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Latest snowflake outrage

I've just earned a ban from my county council's Facebook page.

They've announced the names they've chosen from public suggestions for their fleet of winter emergency vehicles.

Apparently asking why they didn't choose my suggestion of Gary Gritter isn't acceptable.

RedDinger

Old-Salt
It scares me that I have to drive on the road with these people.

Another story I just remembered. A bloke bought a ute from one of our branches a while back (Being Australia, we're talking an SS Commodore Ute, used more as a driveway diva than a tradies daily drive). He drove of the lot and that was the last we saw of him until he called up a year or so later demanding a new engine. The timing chain went bad and buggered up the engine.

We thought that this was a bit odd, and decided to check on his service history.

He hadn't had a single service done at a qualified dealership (note that the first couple of years services were free as part of the new car warranty at the time) and instead had taken it to a mate who 'knew all about cars'. Since he'd broken his agreement, we told him to go away.

The expected litigation ensued and this bloke got thrown out on his arse.

EDIT: I remember another one that I've got a photo for somewhere. Young moron gets first paycheck and buys an SS Commodore sedan. Usual testosterone driving ensues, and we get a call from this guy saying his car needs to be fixed under warranty. We asked what the problem was, he says the drive shaft fell off.

We get the car up on the hoist and have a gander at it. Rear passengers wheel has a positive camber of 45 degrees. Closest as we can tell, he was revving it's tits off doing a burn out, lost control at high speed and side slide into a gutter with enough force to snap the drive shaft off the diff.

We all laughed at him (not just the dealership staff who looked at it, the Holden rep who came out to check the car out laughed straight at his face) and told him to forget it. Yet he kept trying to blame it on a manufacturers defect.
Maybe he had read this and assumed anyone could get away with it.

Paul Walker family sue Porsche

tgo

War Hero

They've announced the names they've chosen from public suggestions for their fleet of winter emergency vehicles.

Apparently asking why they didn't choose my suggestion of Gary Gritter isn't acceptable.
Serves you right, everyone knows that Gritty Mc Grittyface is the chosen one. (I jest but it wouldn't surprise me)

Serves you right, everyone knows that Gritty Mc Grittyface is the chosen one. (I jest but it wouldn't surprise me)
It was, as it happens (one of many, most pretty witty to be fair).

I take it they didn't go with Adolf Gritler either?

As my long-deceased Gt Uncle used to say, 'We need a good killing day . . . '
They're already starting to eat themselves and it could also go full circle. You can identify however you want but your new DNA Biometric ID card says you are male, 75% white, 18% Sub Saharan Black, 7% Irish as your Grandma took some cock on holiday to Cancun on an All Inclusive.

1614005116811.png