Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Latest snowflake outrage

I wonder how many votes this will cost LieBore.
Probably not as many as would be expected. The gain of happy clappy student types from the Lib Dems and greens will probably mitigate any loss of traditional Labour voters. What it might do is help convince the former Labour voters who chose Boris last time to stick with the Tories.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Hurrah,

A victory, albeit a minor one, against a snowflake(s) who complained about the use of the phrase 'nitty gritty'.

Paywalled but the story is also in the DM etc.

Thats a relief, I like the Nitty Gritty Dirt Band.

I wonder how many votes this will cost LieBore.

None at all in the heavily "enriched" areas of our towns & cities, most white British tax paying working class (stand fast the woke "student" types) have fled the Labour party years ago for parties than reflect their wishes & ambitions or just not bother to vote at all.
Apathy is winning the battle for Stoke on Trent Central | HeraldScotland
snip “I couldn’t care less who wins, it'll make no difference; they’re all a bunch of tossers,” says Bill, a retired electrician. “I can’t stand the Tories, Labour are hopeless under Corbyn and Ukip? No comment.
It’s a common theme; that the choice before the good folk of Stoke is unappealing and that, come next Thursday,
many will simply not bother to turn out."
I tried & failed to find a video of Labour canvassers being told not to bother canvassing in certain areas because of this, which I remember seeing a few years ago!

. . . .
what a load of bollocks
yesterday they had a pakistani they arrested, they described him as middle eastern looking
and thats offensive ???
If you're from the middle East it may be. They wouldn't want to be roped in with that bunch.

If you're from the middle East it may be. They wouldn't want to be roped in with that bunch.
I remarked to one of the Muslim Pakistanis I worked with that I was disappointed with the latest church burning activity in his country. His sombre reply was that so was he, and that such incidents were one reason for his leaving.
So even some of their own countrymen don't want to be roped in with them either.

@ adouglasmhor I'd happily eat that, but why not call it Tofu Hommity pie, which it is, rather than quiche, whihc it ain't? If I were going veggie, I'd not feel the need to fake meat, when there are interesting ways to eat quorn as quorn chunks or tofu as tofu..

(Although pre-formed quorn fillets are handy if catering and you don't want to single veggies out - in which case I'd just do veggie appropriate everything and serve the meat / meatesque shapes seperately)

@ adouglasmhor I'd happily eat that, but why not call it Tofu Hommity pie, which it is, rather than quiche, whihc it ain't? If I were going veggie, I'd not feel the need to fake meat, when there are interesting ways to eat quorn as quorn chunks or tofu as tofu..

(Although pre-formed quorn fillets are handy if catering and you don't want to single veggies out - in which case I'd just do veggie appropriate everything and serve the meat / meatesque shapes seperately)
There is no interesting way to eat Quorn as Quorn, or as not Quorn to be honest.

Send Nandy to Afghanistan to invite the Taliban to a vegan quiche supper and anger management crystal healing workshop.
What? No Turmeric Tea?